Profile question for Suhr Classic Pro

• Hello all. Looking at adding a new guitar to the stable. I want to get to the point where I only have one guitar as the primary and play it for all gigs. I feel that this will help in weeding out profiles and get me away from tweaking stuff. I'm playing mostly praise music with some classic rock and alternative stuff on the side. I really like the Suhr Classic Pro HSS because I feel the Humbucker in the bridge gives me the best option for versatility. Problem is, I can't seem to find the one I want in stock. For $2150 I really want the combination that I have in mind which is Surf Green, Maple Neck with HSS Configuration. I've looked everywhere and just can't find it. I thought about settling for the SSS Pickup Configuration but was wondering if they will provide enough grit for playing heavy rhythm stuff (not metal). Anyone have good success with Kemper and Suhr single coils?

• Yea that's the one I may settle with. I really want this same model in HSS but they just haven't got any in stock over the last month! Must be a Christmas thing, probably can't make enough.

• You had my hopes up lol. That's the "S" which has a different neck. If I got my info correctly, the Pro has an even C neck that's a bit more like modern fender necks which are a bit more slim. I think the "S" has more of a vintage neck which is a bit larger. I've really gotten use to the slimmer C necks. Maybe my info is incorrect though. I would spend the extra $300 if that's the case!

• You had my hopes up lol. That's the "S" which has a different neck. If I got my info correctly, the Pro has an even C neck that's a bit more like modern fender necks which are a bit more slim. I think the "S" has more of a vintage neck which is a bit larger. I've really gotten use to the slimmer C necks. Maybe my info is incorrect though. I would spend the extra $300 if that's the case!

Dayum, Lol!

Well I've heard good things about that store, so maybe give them a call.

I tried...:)

• Hi, I use a Suhr Classic Pro HSS as my main guitar. The noise cancelling dummy coil SSCII or whatever really works! If you're in an electrically noisy room, the single coils will be quieter than the humbucker. I suspect it's the same thing as Music Man guitars use. Anyway, great guitar, stainless frets, factory plek.

Overall it's basically a Fender Custom Shop guitar for quite a lot less new and stainless frets. The cavity on mine was routed for HSH so I ordered a new pickguard and put in Thornbuckers. They aren't amazing in this guitar though. The neck pickup is quite boomy. The bridge is nice though. I recommend the Thornbucker+ bridge as an upgrade to the SSH stock humbucker which is a little boring.

Right now I have a set of Fluence Devin Townsend pickups in, which have a modern active mode and a more or less Tele mode. It seems to cover most everything with the Kemper. Overall they match very, very well with the alder/maple flavor on the Classic Pro.

What else can I tell you? Oh right, the vintage bent saddles on the Gotoh bridge tend to "ping" with anything hotter than classic rock distortion, so I replaced them with modern saddles. Staggered tuners so no string trees... The nut was cut a bit high for me so I had that taken down. With the compound radius and plek you can get the action ridiculously low but just as clean as higher.

Lastly, Suhr guitars are EXTREMELY resonant. It will take some getting used to with left and right hand muting. I've never played a guitar that wants to be heard as much as this one.

• Anyone have good success with Kemper and Suhr single coils?

Hi fenderjunkie

I've got the FL single coils in one of my HSS strats and the v60lps in another HSS strat(maple neck). Both sound great , - I'm not convinced about my SSH humbucker though. It sounds a little too compressed and narrow to me. . I have a bareknuckle Mule in the other one and that just have a more open sound in the Kemper. I find it a little easier to tweak in a great warm overdriven sound. Good luck with the one-trick-pony guitar.

• Hello all. Looking at adding a new guitar to the stable. I want to get to the point where I only have one guitar as the primary and play it for all gigs. I feel that this will help in weeding out profiles and get me away from tweaking stuff. I'm playing mostly praise music with some classic rock and alternative stuff on the side. I really like the Suhr Classic Pro HSS because I feel the Humbucker in the bridge gives me the best option for versatility. Problem is, I can't seem to find the one I want in stock. For $2150 I really want the combination that I have in mind which is Surf Green, Maple Neck with HSS Configuration. I've looked everywhere and just can't find it. I thought about settling for the SSS Pickup Configuration but was wondering if they will provide enough grit for playing heavy rhythm stuff (not metal). Anyone have good success with Kemper and Suhr single coils?

You got $2150 and you can't find a Suhr guitar? (Classic Pro HSS) Is it an old model that is not available anymore?