I recently bought a powered FRFR box in the expectation that it would play the sounds of the recently purchased professional profiles accordingly authentic.
The result was unfortunately disappointing. The box does not sound as fat as expected, and the profiles do not sound as advertised. Now the reason for buying the FRFR box was that I played the Kemper at home on a stereo system (stereo on the Main-Outs + CabSim), which of course additionally colors. I wanted to correct that formally and leave the sound shaping to the Kemper alone. Unfortunately :-), the sound with the stereo is so good! I did not manage (using the monitor EQ) to get the FRFR box even close. The FRFR box is equipped with a Class-D power amp and a 12 "+ tweeter, but it does not nearly reproduce the bass of the stereo system (maybe I'm unfair comparing these two systems?).
What I have tried so far:
- Disabled all effects -> Set basic sound
- Changed settings in the amp section (Definition, Clarity, Pure cabinet, etc., Vol is neutral at 0.0db)
- Tried different cabs on a profile (yes, CabSim on the monitor is on!)
- Used a Headset (DT 880 Pro)
- The FRFR box is relatively loud. Therefore, the level at the monitor output is set to low values (<-20db ?) to be able to play at home, too.
- The sounds I prefer are usually distorted. I do like the bought profiles the way they were advertised. These sounds in the videos are indeed to my taste.
Is there a mistake in my thinking, that a single sound advertised in a comparable situation (solo playing) should sound on my system as close as possible?
Ladies and gentlemen, I kindly ask for your advice and/or your opinion
As long as it is not clear whether the problem lies with me, I will not name the specific products to not blame the manufacturers unnecessarily. In any case, these products have a very good reputation here. That's why I bought them.