Anyone ever used a keyboard amp as their FRFR option?

• I tried a Roland keyboard amp some years ago and didn't care for the sound. However, amps are all different, so if you can, give it a try. You might be surprised.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I just bought a Yamaha DXR10 because it's such a well regarded option here. When you think about it, it's actually less of a guitar FRFR cab than it is a PA speaker / wedge monitor with a good frequency response.

Perhaps another option that would be more accessible to backline companies would be to pick a power amp that's fairly common out there and pair it with an equally common small PA speaker or wedge monitor that has a nice, flat response.

I don't know how much time you have to make a decision, but you could take your Kemper to a music store and poke around a bit in the PA section to see if you can find a combination of power amp / speaker that would be common in Europe and sounds good to your ears.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Maybe ask L&M or Tom Lee if there's something similar you can rent and try it out?

• Maybe ask L&M or Tom Lee if there's something similar you can rent and try it out?

Definitely a good idea, preferably something with the same speakers.

I recently sold my Gibson Lab Series L5 I bought back in 81. Because it was a solid state amp, it was often used by keyboard players back then.

When my life transitioned to spending more time alone in a home studio, I did a lot of patching back and forth between my Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, etc. and the various speaker cabinets. Even though I didn't have any desire for the solid state sound, I wanted to keep the L5 in the lineup just to have another variation on speakers. However, the speakers on those things are dark, and not in a subtle way. Okay if that's what you want, but in no way, shape or form comparable to all the other amps / cabs. It stayed in the storage room, unused.

So, even if the amplification, EQ, etc. is to your taste, the speakers can make a huge difference one way or another (obvious, I suppose). No way to tell just by looking at it on paper.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10