One More New KPA User Thanks in Advance ;)

• I'm just jumping in to the digital world of amp modeling. I tried it a few times with the Axe Ultra and thought it was good, but not brilliant. A couple years later as of recent I purchased a Helix Rack. I was impressed, but quickly lost interest in it's overall sound. I took it back and purchased a used KPA rack. I set it back to factory default and I am now ready to dive in to the world of KPA. I am impressed, however, it's obvious the learning curb is a bit steep. I've been working with rack units for a bit now (years). So, I have a bit of knowledge working around the interface. Though the KPA lay out is quite different.

If anyone wants to chime in a solid direction 1st step forward please do. Thanks in advance.

Chip

"Lord give me coffee to change the things I can. And music to accept the things I can't."

• Got it, thanks. Just put together my first clean rig with my Double Fat Strat. Sounds great! If money isn't an option who offers the best "Rig Packs"?

Thanks.

"Lord give me coffee to change the things I can. And music to accept the things I can't."

• There is much to wander through on the Rig Exchange, plus the free rig packs, all via Rig Manager. You should start there IMO. My #1 is the legendary rmpacheco Morgan AC20 - free, and on the Rig Exchange. Of course, I've modified EQ and effects for my own tastes ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My #1 is the legendary rmpacheco Morgan AC20 - free, and on the Rig Exchange.

I've seen the rmpacheco Morgan in the included factory rigs. Is it the one everybody loves or a variation on the theme?

There is much to wander through on the Rig Exchange, plus the free rig packs, all via Rig Manager.

There's a discussion in feature requests about adding genre to the rating system, which brought up a good point. There are a lot of profiles with very high ratings, but my first impression was that they were terrible. That actually made me dismiss Rig Exchange for awhile, but I later realized that different genres have different needs. What sounds awesome for metal may be inappropriate for classic rock, and so on.

With that caveat in mind, the biggest problem with RE is the huge number of profiles that people have shared. Nice problems to have. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited once, last by Chris Duncan ().

• Got it, thanks. Just put together my first clean rig with my Double Fat Strat. Sounds great! If money isn't an option who offers the best "Rig Packs"?

Thanks.

Load up the Rig manager and browse through the free Rig Packs there; all those creators (most of them) have retail rigs you can buy. For me, Britts profiles are the best overall for multi-purpose sounds; but then there's also super incredible Amp Factory pack 10 to deal with; also ToneJunkie is a new favorite of mine. For Metal I would recommend Sinmix

• Welcome!! Yeah the manual is great solid info but seeing helps a ton, therefore start searching YouTube for all the videos for tips and tricks to the KPA. You won't regret it.

• Both the Manual and Videos have helped. I'm whipping around this beautiful piece of gear. Thanks to all for your input.

• Thinking this out loud;

This is not a reason to rid of this machine because it comes out in a minor way and I only hear it at times (more than I like). But, there's a little touch of a synthetic sound I get out the higher register. It's the main reason out of a few minor reasons I let go of the Helix. If I could dial out that synthetic thin sound and dial in some "thickness"and warmth into the higher register. I would dance silly like a drunk goose who just mistaken a vat of homemade whiskey for water. ;)

I can't tell if the machine is tracking a little slow to keep up? I dial out the presence, high EQ register and play with the amp bias, shaping and ect.. It's still there, maybe it's the powercab?

I'm sure this unit can work this kink out. I am playing on a double fat strat with a JB 4 and a 59'. These pickup's top end can be chimey or bright as hell. Still dialing out the top end isn't the issue. Don't know, Take a break and come back. Having fun on this unit for sure. ;)

Even with this one demon my ear fights with. This machine is incredible.

Anyone? Am I'm nuts and hearing something not there? LOL 8)

Edited once, last by Myzenismusic ().