Add on for Kemper pedal for latch and none latching.

• Hello all

I've been gigging with the kemper foot pedal and finding it really frustrating to use. First off the up and down banks are the wrong way around for me and secondly and more importantly when trying to press the back set of button for turning on and off or momentarily activating an effect like the FreqOut I end up changing patch or turning the wah on.

I was wondering if there was a pedal to replace those back buttons that I can attach to the inputs on the pedal.

This is made worse by me also singing and my damn hair getting in the way of my eyes too lol, so hoping I can bring the 4 back pedals forward.

Cheers all

Mike:thumbup:

• The up/down buttons are back to front because those crazy Germans drive on the wrong side of the road too.

Its dead easy to add extra pedals to use instead of the back row. You can’t swap the back and front rows as they each have specific LED functionality which isn’t replicated in the other row. However, the 4 inputs on the back of the Remote can each accept 2 footswitches. I bought a cheap little double swich on ebay for about £15 and connected it with a short TRS cable. You can assign each of the switches to control most things on the Kemper so its pretty flexible.

• Oh that's a big issue lol.

Do you have any experience with the fcb and whether the pedals on that can be set to latching and none latching and how that works with the Kemper?

Thinking of removing the Kemper pedal all together as I spend to much time on the wrong patch which is distracting during performances.

Off to Google.

Cheers Dug, appreciate the info

Mike

• Yep. I understand now. I don’t use the freqout so haven’t had cause to try that personally.

That would still require a non-latching pedal but the question is whether the KPA loop itself can be configured in a momentary state. I don’t think it can but ther are several work arounds that sprint to mind.

I just tried this with a distortion oedal and teckon it will do exactly what you want without the need for any extra pedals.

Set up a rig with the amp you want and assign it to a button on the Remote. Lets assume it’s in slot 1 justnow.

Connect the FreqOut to the loop and engage the mono loop as on.

Set the Mix level to 0%.

Now go to the Rig menu and select momentary for the morph switch option.

Bring the Loop Into focus for editing. Hit button 1 on the Remote to trigger the morphing editing and turn the Loop Mix to 100%.

Save the rig. Now whenever you step on 1and hold it the FreqOut effect will kick in until you let go. You could even have it fad in and/or out depending on the rise and fall time settings. You could have the max level at less than 100% if you want. Alternatively, you could assing the Loop Mix to an expressin pedal and fade in the FreqOut effect you whatever blend you want in real time if the FreqOut itself allows (in not sure about how it actually works).

There are quite a few people in the forum (like Ingolf) that use the FreqOut in the loop so try a search under FreqOut. There was a recent thread about something very similar where various people who use the remote discussed using it with the FreqOut. Hopefully the answer you need will be in there.

• No cabling required.

My Freqout pedal remains at the back of the stage side by side with the Profiler. It is placed in the Profiler's loop (2 short TS cables) and I place the loop in slot A (beginning of the signal chain).

The Freqout is always ON and I control the loop (ON/OFF) with the Kemper Remote.

• No cabling required.

My Freqout pedal remains at the back of the stage side by side with the Profiler. It is placed in the Profiler's loop (2 short TS cables) and I place the loop in slot A (beginning of the signal chain).

The Freqout is always ON and I control the loop (ON/OFF) with the Kemper Remote.

Can you morph it to be fully in the mix? That would be sweet, so the feedback creeps in.

• Hi guys

InGolf the idea is to remove the momentary activation away from the back button on the Kemper as it's awkward and I sometimes end up either hitting a patch change or the WAH (assigned to button two on the back of the Kemper pedal)

I have been using it in the loop and being triggered by the Kemper remote since I purchased it and it works perfect... But the damn profiler pedal is to small for my feet.

I was hoping to have two switches next to the pedal so I bypass the need for the back buttons completely.

Dug

Sounds like an option to use the expression pedal as I have two, didn't think of that at all..... Let me try.

Cheers guys

Mike

• I hear you. I understand the issue. The point I was making was, while you can’t swap the Rig selctors and Stomp switches fron front to back rows you can actually achieve the same thing in yor particular scenario.

As long as you use Morphing to achieve it you can use either a footswitch or expression pedal. The footswitch option can be either an external switch OR just use the 2nd tap optin on the front row slot switches so that they atc as both rig selectors AND momentary FreqOut switches.