Morph to Pitch Settings

• Hi all,

Fairly new user so I apologise if this has come up before but I couldn't see this point in any of the existing threads.

I've set up the Profiler with Wah to Volume enabled and the FCB1010 (U4K) LH pedal set to Wah. Works as expected, when the wah is engaged, the volume doesn't change and when the wah is switched off the pedal works as a volume control. Now I've tried to do the same with the Morph to Pitch setting for the RH expression pedal but it doesn't seem to work in the same way. Morphing is controlled by the pedal whether I have the pitch effect on or off so the expression pedal ends up controlling both or just the morphing but never the pitch shifter alone. Am I missing something here or is there a reason for this?

• Thanks for the reply. You're correct, the morph does take priority but it doesn't seem to switch the pitch effect off (as the Wah to Vol setting does with it's respective functions) when the Morph function is active. I'm still curious as to why this setting behaves differently to it's Wah/Vol counterpart.

• I've had another play with the settings and come to the conclusion that there isn't a priority with these parameters (other than Wah to Vol).

Both effects are controlled simultaneously by the CC message corresponding to the first effect in the link. They can then be turned on or off by their respective stomp switch. Obviously this isn't possible with Morphing as it doesn't have a switch on the FCB1010 so it is permanently engaged. I've decided to put Wah,Vol and Pitch all on the LH pedal and Morph on the right which is probably a better configuration given that Morphing can be used for so many different effects. Unless anyone can advise me otherwise, I cannot see how to switch morphing on and off via the foot controller.

Volume only seems to change when all other linked effects are switched off, which makes sense as it would turn everything off if it was active all the time.

• An active Wah effect suppresses volume control, if WahPedal to Volume is set. Co-existence would make no sense as the volume pedal function is normally present. WahPedal to Pitch, MorphPedal to Wah, and MorphPedal to Pitch are different as you can configure the Rig as needed. We see no reason limiting the possibility to control for example Wah and Morphing simultaneously.

This is what the Main Manual says:

Then, go to the "Pedal Links" Now, your Morph Pedal is the master for Morphing, wah and pedal pitch effects, and controls them all simultaneously. Most of the time, you might want to control just one of these effects. So, if you want to control just Morphing, make sure that no wah or pedal pitch effects are activated. To control just wah, switch off all pedal pitch effects and make sure there are no parameters set up for Morphing. If you want to use Pedal Pitch only, make sure that no wah effect is active, and that the current Rig includes no morphed parameters.

• If you want completely independent control over Volume, Pitch, Wah, Morphing within the same Rig, use separate pedals. As soon as you share one pedal for multiple purposes, there are trade offs to be made.

• If you want to control Morphing, Reverb Mix, Delay Mix,... independently within the same Rig, you need to use MIDI. These are the continuous control changes available. NRPN offers even more.

Wah Pedal

Pitch Pedal

Volume Pedal

Panorama

Morph Pedal

Delay Mix

Delay Feedback

Reverb Mix

Reverb Time

Gain

Monitor (Output) Volume

• Thanks Burkhard that’s what ai’ve been trying to say for a while now. i would love to be able to assignone of my remote expression pedals to a midi command. The only only way I have been able to do this so far it to ise my RJM mastermind instead of the remote. Are you saying that I have missed something really obvious and can actually set one pedal to Wah, another to Morph and a 3rd to constantly control a specific midi CC? That would be absolutely awesome. Please tell me I’ve been an idiot and missed thst in the manual :S

• The Remote doesn't send any MIDI - not to external devices and not to the PROFILER. The PROFILER has capabilities to send MIDI to external devices.

MIDI control changes #68-72 had been introduced before Morphing and grandfathering is applied. These global CCs can be used and sent from any external MIDI device.

Morphing is the way to control continuous parameters like Delay Mix, Reverb Mix, …. via expression pedal and Remote and can be customized by Rig.

Needing to control Delay Mix and Reverb Mix and other continuous parameters independently within the same Rig via multiple Expression pedals is a real corner case. Most users have just one or two expression pedals for all pedal functions. I'm not convinced, that adding another paradigm to control continuous parameters via expression pedals connected to PROFILER or Remote on top of Morphing is worth the complexity and confusion this might create. That is a trade off. There are rare applications, which can only be covered via MIDI or NRPN. And I guess, that's fine.

• Thanks burkard I still strongly believe that there are two distinct paradigms in a Live situation. One uses individual rigs and performances for tightly controlled presets that match a consistent set list. This is a fabulous place to be but is probably a minority of players. Most situations I find myself in have a relatively large set list and singers who might change the set list frequntly depending on audience reaction. If the audience sre a bit subdued they might put in something more uptempo that wasn’t originally planned. Therefore, in these situations (which I believe accounts for most working guitarists who aren’t in touring bands or theatre shows) flexibility in the hest of the moments is the key. The way many of us handle this is with a limited number of default presets and the ability to tweak them on the fly. One of the things that often needs quick change is delay and/or reverb mix from one song to another and also from one venue to another.

If I played the same 20 song set every night on well controlled stages with no deviation from the planned set list then I would probably agree that making a specific performance for each song would be theway to go. Unfortunately, in the real world real tome changes are a necessity.

• From the user backups I receive in context of support requests - amateurs as well as professionals - an organization by song (=Performance) and musical scene (=Slot) is very common. It's definitely not the exception. And people - like me - sometimes use MIDI in addition e. g. software like Bandhelper via Bluetooth to load the appropriate Performance, if needed even on the fly.

But you can work with less Rigs/Slots if you want to. The question is: Do you need separate pedals to adjust Reverb Mix or Delay Mix according to a venue? Couldn't you lock the effects and set the parameters once for the whole concert e. g. with the knobs on the front panel? And even if you wanted to use varying effect types, do you need pedal control? How many expression pedals did you use before the PROFILER and for which functions?

By the way, this discussion is off topic here. This thread was about MorphPedal to Pitch and how it works. And if you want you could have four dedicated pedals for Morphing, Pitch, Wah and Volume.

• An active Wah effect suppresses volume control, if WahPedal to Volume is set. Co-existence would make no sense as the volume pedal function is normally present. WahPedal to Pitch, MorphPedal to Wah, and MorphPedal to Pitch are different as you can configure the Rig as needed. We see no reason limiting the possibility to control for example Wah and Morphing simultaneously.

This is what the Main Manual says:

Then, go to the "Pedal Links" Now, your Morph Pedal is the master for Morphing, wah and pedal pitch effects, and controls them all simultaneously. Most of the time, you might want to control just one of these effects. So, if you want to control just Morphing, make sure that no wah or pedal pitch effects are activated. To control just wah, switch off all pedal pitch effects and make sure there are no parameters set up for Morphing. If you want to use Pedal Pitch only, make sure that no wah effect is active, and that the current Rig includes no morphed parameters.

Thanks for the info Burkhard. I would argue though that since the Morph function cannot easily be switched off once parameters are set, the Pitch function of the pedal (with Morph to Pitch active) is not going to be much use as there is no way to control just the pitch with the expression pedal - if that is what is required. The same would apply to other Morph linked functions such as the Wah. A seperate rig would be required with no active Morph parameters. Am I right in thinking there isn't a MIDI command for turning the Morph parameters on and off?