Understanding output in live situation

• ''without any cab added, it sounds great trough a V30 cab'' So thats the way to go... Personally when it sounds good, thats the way I go. If it sounds bad otherwise with a different adjustment... I don't wanna know why I swich to the good sounds and forget all the rest

Yeah, but then it won't be optimal to use it together with a cab-sim. The interesting thing here is that the sound actually changes just by adding a cab sim but ignoring it with the "monitor cab off". It should not do that. I usually make my profiles for use both with PA and cabinet. This means that you can't get a optimal cabinet output if it's also set up for PA.

I guess on the other hand that it's impossible to hear this in a live situation.

• Yeah, but then it won't be optimal to use it together with a cab-sim. The interesting thing here is that the sound actually changes just by adding a cab sim but ignoring it with the "monitor cab off". It should not do that. I usually make my profiles for use both with PA and cabinet. This means that you can't get a optimal cabinet output if it's also set up for PA.

I guess on the other hand that it's impossible to hear this in a live situation.

Yes right,the only thing that matters is the sound on the PA first . If you,re on stage you'll never it is as good as the people in the audience. And people are looking at the singer anyway ,so if you are just the guitar player in the back with his Kemper dont worry too much about the cab sound. If its a professional show you should even get decent monitoring ... right?

• Yes right,the only thing that matters is the sound on the PA first . If you,re on stage you'll never it is as good as the people in the audience. And people are looking at the singer anyway ,so if you are just the guitar player in the back with his Kemper dont worry too much about the cab sound. If its a professional show you should even get decent monitoring ... right?

yeah ur right. The exploration of this effect is still really interesting. I guess people have found this before me, but if someone is missing the authentic "amp in the room" feel from a DI profile, it might be because there is added a cab sim. Even if it's turned off. To keep the DI profile as good as possible, never add a cab sim to the profile. After this point, the original DI profile is lost forever. As long as it's not stored elsewhere. That's at least what have experienced. Cool if someone knows otherwise.

• Seems to me like a bug. As far as my understanding, a merged profile minus cab sim and DI from same profile should be identical.

Try yourself. Open up a DI profile. Play trough a real cab. Then add a cab sim and turn it off. The sound gets cut in highs, and lose some depth.

Would be interesting to see if someone else can spot this.

• Yep, as Sam said there was a post a while back and the team confirmed ot was a bug and would be fixed in a future OS update. I would expect the full release of 5.7 will probably fix it.

You sure it was confirmed?..any timelines?

I got feedback from support that the differnce between cabsim off and cabsim on....on the monitor output while cabs disabled on that port..was a result of how the kpa was designed.

Although the issue that cabsim off sounds different just by loading an ir and keeping it off is not exactly the same..does seem in the same ballpark.

• You sure it was confirmed?..any timelines?

I got feedback from support that the differnce between cabsim off and cabsim on....on the monitor output while cabs disabled on that port..was a result of how the kpa was designed.

Although the issue that cabsim off sounds different just by loading an ir and keeping it off is not exactly the same..does seem in the same ballpark.

This the bug that has been confirmed by Kemper support: Bug in the Kemper cab / stack section

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.