• I sent this to the Kemper folks, in hopes of some updates.

I don't mean to sound aggravated, and I hope they take it in the spirit

it was meant.

Under the heading "Glaring Oversites"

"

Sirs, I recently purchased the power version and controller model of your amp.

Things I like:

>The sounds are very good (some) MB's are exceptional.

>It's versatile, almost mind numbingly so.

>Morphing, very cool.

>The file system with USB is handy...

BUT:

> I thought I was done staring in those little windows in the 80s (I'm 56)

>I find it absurd that all the FX are in stereo and the power amp is not.

>I have to drag a power amp around with me if I want stereo stage rig.

I'm used to big nasty rigs, multiple 4X12 cabs.

SO:

>An interface via the USB that you can use to manipulate the amp

would be MOST HELPFUL. All functions. Turning the knobs and

squinting at that little screen is distressing.

The fact that this machine sounds so good is a testament to

the huge amount of coding skill you people have. So let's GO.

>some finer control of the reverb would be nice, or just

2 or 3 really really good sounding ones. The verbs currently in it

are pretty good, but could be better.

>The stereo power amp is going to be a model for the future I'm

sure, and I will have already purchased mine. That's too bad for me.

I respectfully submit these suggestions as a way to make my life easier,

and therefore others as well. "

Happy Holidays,

Kind regards,

Curt Mitchell.

• How would you suggest a *hardware* change (mono to stereo poweramp) be handle as an update?

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I personally would be interested in a Kemper branded power amp for my rack... if it wasn't a gagillion dollars.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Stereo is really useful when making recordings. Not so much in a typical live session.

I am about to start to use my KPA to re-amp in hexaphonic mode. Yes, you read that right. Each string will be recorded on a separate track and the KPA will be used to re-amp the individual string's sound.

I am getting a CycFi Nu2 Multi 6 hexaphonic pickup for my Hamer Duotone. It is a low impedance/high output design with a full frequency response (20 -20kHz). See the Nu2 Multi here: https://www.cycfi.com/product/nu-multi-6/

I will be sending the signal from each string into Logic Pro 10.4.2 on separate tracks. To get the six strings' mono streams into Logic, I will use a CycFi Nexus 2 breakout box. See it here: https://www.cycfi.com/projects/nexus-v2/

Once in Logic, I can re-amp and/or add effects to each string's stream in almost infinite ways. I will definitely use my Kemper for this task. For example, I can use a clean Fender Bassman profile for all strings on a rhythm part. Each track would need to be re-amped one at a time. But that costs only a little time.

If I am mixing to stereo, I can place each string across the sound field. Or I can put half of the strings on each side.

Also, I could reamp two profiles on two sets of three strings, creating stereo that way. Maybe a Marshall Plexi crunch on the bottom three strings and an AC-30 crunch on the top three strings.

The potential to create new tones once you have recorded a hex output of your guitar is almost boundless.

• IMHO stereo is only useful in my living room, earplugs or in my car. In any other situation I can’t understand how you can catch the same signals than other people listening

I respectfully disagree. Unless you run your whole band in mono with everything just stacked on top of everything there will always be a difference for the audience depending where they are.

The engineer should determine how tight the stereo field should be for the room, but still pan parts as necessary.

• Finally Yes you are certainly right and a sound guy can pan stereo signals in a +/- way. But I can’t remember of a venue where I have been thrilled by stereo panning.

Moreover this is managed a FOH level, so what’s the use for a stereo power amp? Unless I am missing something this is IMHO only for the guitarist sole sonic pleasure. Given the sound issues I can get from a venue to another e.g. my distance to the drummer, the number and orientation of speakers, the mix level the sound guy puts into them or the room reverberation itself, I can’t imagine what it would be if I had to focus on stereo. But hey, I’m glad every time I notice I’m getting better

• I agree about the lack of a need for a stereo power amp. I initially thought that was going to be a big deal, but I don't have a use for that. I always use the main outs and FRFR/PA for stereo.

It's also a different sound when the effects are "pre- speaker" with a guitar cab as opposed to the KPA Cab section applying the speaker colour before those effects.