Stereo and Logic

• Hi,

I just got my kemper a couple of days ago, and I'm learning a lot so far, downloaded a fair few profiles off the exchange and what not, looking for the elusive JP2C profile, and some nice cleans. Found a decent sounding JP profile, which had a stereo delay on it, which is what I was looking for. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to do ping pong stereo delay when running in Logic.

I've got the main output set to master stereo, two xlr's coming from the kemper into inputs 1 and 2 of my focus rite scarlett, then to logic. I've tried two mono tracks, a stereo track.

I've ran the profiler straight to my monitors and in headphones, and the stereo effect is there, going from left to right. Just can't get it to do it when in Logic. Anyone know how to solve this. It's the sound I want for lead settings in the future which stereo delays.

Cheers.

• If the delays are ping ponging direct to the speakers using the same outputs then that confirms everything is OK with your settings at the Kemper end.

I run Logic too and haven’t experienced that problem. I also run a Focusrite interface (a Saffire rather than Scarlet so I think the control software is different unfortunately).

It seems most likely it’s a routing problem in Logic but it could also be a setting on the Focurite.

Have you tried a completely new project in Logc to rule out something saved in a template or old project?

Is the rest of the project running in stereo properly x just to rule out accidentally having the master outputs summed to mono?

When running a a stereo track are the outputs definitely set to 1 & 2 (or which ever outs are configured as your main stereo pair)? I sometimes route tracks to different outputs and forget to switch them back later.

Is the stereo track (or both mono) tracks receiving two separate input channels? Again, I have occasionally set two channto the same input and wondered why it didn’t sound right :wacko:

• Ok, so I tried just recording something, first with 2 separate tracks and then with one stereo track....and...it works....when I play it back. Why is that...It doesn't work when just playing, but does during recording and in playback. That's odd. I thought I was doing something extra wrong as I tried to mute the track and it did nothing either.

So...it does technically work, anything else I should know I should be doing?