Change my expression pedal assignment

• Hi,

Im using the Mission Engineering Kp-Ex pedal. It’s set up with TRS lead in pedal 5 and Tr lead in pedal 6.

What I have been trying to achieve is to use the KP-Ex for different functions in my performances:-

Say I want the KP- ex pedal purely as a volume pedal on Rig 4.

But on Rig 5 I don’t want the Volume function, I just want to switch the wah( set up in pedal b) on using the toe switch function in pedal 6.

But!!! When I save the midi system Settings for Rig 4, they automatically save for the full performance.

Am I wrong in thinking you can save 5 different midi functions in systems, for each Rig per performance?

Thanks

Gary

• This may help

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• What you are describing can be achieved in two ways.

Morphing or using the Wah > Volume option.

For this example I would save a Wah in Stomp A with the wah pedal state as On but the Stomp itself off. Have Wah > Volume ticked. When Stomp A is off the Wah pedal is a Volume. When you push the toe switch to engage the Wah the pedal will automatically switch to become a Wah.

However, i think Kemper are really missing a trick by restricting it to just this and have been asking for the ability to assign midi (or NRPN) CC commands to individual pedal inputs for some time.