Do not buy the Kemper head bag

• My wife bought me the Kemper transport bag for Xmas which on top of being horribly expensive compared to others cannot even be used to transport the Kemper remote !!!

Everything in the pictures is made to lure you that it actually could (how the the front pocket is shown). Even on the Thomann profile for the bag, there is no mention of any dimension which is not the case for other providers, emphasizing the obvious will to trick people.

So I will immediately return it, and for about half of the price, I will buy the Thomann head bag + the Gator effect bag. I am always loyal until you try to trick me, then I'm sorry but regaining my trust will be a long running story...

• Just a thought here,,,before one starts throwing mud, one should do diligent research,,as to not come of as,, un informed???? ( or worse,,)

after seeing the vid, Roeffel Posted,,,its just one more very smart thing the Kemper mother ship thought of, for us,,IT fits like a well made leather glove,,

Please look ,,and learn,, and ask questions,,,before you post miss placed anger,, the answers are all here,,,

Love this place and my kemper,, 6 years, still lovin it like the first day,,

• check this :

kemper bag and remote

It looks like it is possible. I was so much focused on that front pocket that I didn't even realize it could be possible.

Doesn't mean suitable... I mean putting the remote on top of the profiler with no protection at all between them is far from what I call "made for".

But thank you, as even it looks much more like a workaround, there is at least a workaround. I'm always impressed there is a youtube video for everything you wonder...

Thats not right,

all dimensions are on the Website and the Remote sits on Top of the Kemper

not in the Bag on the Frontside

Please check all Details before posting this

Which website ? Neither Thomann (link in in my post) nor the Kemper product page mention anything about the pocket dimensions... But maybe I missed your blog ?

Now regarding your suggestion of stacking them, same answer as above. What you mention is a workaround not a feature.

• Doesn't mean suitable... I mean putting the remote on top of the profiler with no protection at all between them is far from what I call "made for".

Dishcloth, hand-towel, pillowcase, T-shirt, bubblewrap... your options are practically-endless.

• from the Kemper store bag product page:

https://shop.kempermusic.com/d…49/bag-profiler-head?c=10

Spezifikationen:

• Abmessungen: 44 x 25 x 27 cm

it´s sold as a bag for the profiler head, not as a bag for everything you need to carry around...

;)

Yet another page, yet another site ...

[...]

Product information "Bag PROFILER™ Head"

This soft case is a secure transport solution for a PROFILER™ Head and PROFILER PowerHead™. Several additional pouches offer loads of room for additional accessories.

[...]

And again these are the dimensions of the bag not the pocket...

But thank you to all of you I think I have quite a clear answer now

• The leather strap on top of the profiler head itself creates a slight barrier and, as Nicky says, you can soon pop a cloth between the two if you feel it needs it.

I guess they realised that when something moves around inside the protection, the protection is less effective. Making it this snug is a pretty good idea. When I’ve travelled with it, I’ve always kept my expression pedal separate and used the side pockets for remote cable / guitar cable / expression cable / capos / spare plectrums / strings etc. The pedal will jam in there but I personally prefer to put the random small clutter in them as all that stuff has to go somewhere....

• Nice protection

I put a piece of memory foam between the KPA and the remote with no problem since several years of gigging. At first it will need some stretch which will happen very fast and everything will sit very well! Don't forget that the Kemper bag was design before the introduction of the foot controler.

• You seem really mad about this. I disagree that the great people at Kemper are plotting and scheming to get people to buy a bag that doesn't work. There's no conspiracy - you can choose all sorts of ways to transport your gear.

Anyway - I hope you find a solution that works while at the same time not slandering one of my favourite companies. ?

• check this :

kemper bag and remote

Raf

Great video, thanks.

This is how I pack the remote as well (although I didn't realize the fit is different in reverse, will have to try that). It's a very snug fit, so nothing flops around inside, which I like.

pillowcase, T-shirt, bubblewrap... your options are practically-endless.

I figured the leather strap provided the scratch buffer but honestly haven't looked closely. I'll probably toss a cloth in between because I like to have something to wipe the guitar and hands with and it has to go somewhere, so here it can serve double duty.

I don't use an expression pedal but I put my remote cord, alone, in the front pocket. My only concern with the entire rig is that the little plastic locking tab of a cat 5 cable is vulnerable to breakage, which is why it gets its own space here. I put my Shure GLXD wireless and its power cable in the side pocket.

I have another small shoulder bag that I use for all other cables (Wireless to Kemper, TRS / XLR for DXR-10, spares for everything). One bag over each shoulder, no problem. I could probably try to force it all into the Kemper bag, but over stuffing is just trouble waiting to happen, and I like the dedicated space to protect the remote cable.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10