Rig Manager

• My last request this year: It would be nice to store IR's in the RM in a Local Library Folder. Meanwhile I have a lot of IR's and it would be fine to have all the speakers in the RM instead in a Folder in the Harddisk.

zuviel thread macht blead

• Oh yes, I'm still optimist, just 6,5 Months. On the other hand I think without NAMM there would be no update demand.

The clients built an editor by themselves after years of product roll out.

The product is outstanding and the support - if you are in trouble - is super fast and competent.

But the update frequency slowed down the last years, as well as the editor and development of the RM.

Due this I am modest meanwhile..

• I hear you mate.

But the update frequency slowed down the last years, as well as the editor and development of the RM.

I think it's fair to say that a gradual slowing of FW updates is to be expected for any digital device as features, both from the company concerned as well as user ideas, are rolled out. I mean, the more you add to a unit's capabilities, the less there is to add, right? As ever more users are able to achieve what they wish with it, the demand for new features drops off; it's simple math and logic.

That said, an editor is a "major feature" that's still in-the-pipeline / being written, but IMHO there shouldn't be very many important user-requested features remaining that haven't been tackled or are yet to surface. As time passes, and this makes logical sense too, community feature requests become ever-more-esoteric in nature.

• slowing will be followed by stopping.

...and promoting a new product.

It is quite probable that a new product is in the pipeline at Kemper. But that doesn't make the KPA any worse.

I have played some amplifiers for decades without any improvements as long as the sound was good;)

• That's right, my last one was a homebrew Deluxe Reverb.

For the KPA I think the final question will be the availability of the parts (chips), like with every other computer. But the KPA is still present and not yet a youngtimer.

• That's right, my last one was a homebrew Deluxe Reverb.

For the KPA I think the final question will be the availability of the parts (chips), like with every other computer. But the KPA is still present and not yet a youngtimer.

I do not expect a lifetime as for a good Amp.

This risk is with all digital devices and general all goods you get now - seems to be a contemporary phenomenon

For me I can only compare it with other digital devices and here I expect for the KPA a longer lifetime and support as usual in this field.

Edited once, last by Sharry: orthogr. ().