I can hear my pick size?

• I just wanna make it clear that this thread is solely about this size of the pick and absolutely nothing to do with the material of the pick itself. The ability to subjectively hear the difference in size as it relates to the sound produced.

• I just wanna make it clear that this thread is solely about this size of the pick and absolutely nothing to do with the material of the pick itself. The ability to subjectively hear the difference in size as it relates to the sound produced.

I could be wrong but I think they’re likely related.....

The shape of the end of the pick and the amount it flexes before it cannot flex and more and forces the string to its will is what defines the attack.

A smaller pick will tend to flex less than a bigger pick as (besides the shape itself) more of it is braced by your fingers. If you take 2 picks of the same thickness and exactly the same profile on the tip but one is massive, one is tiny, the tiny one will for sure sound different as it’ll be ‘stiffer’ because it’s size makes if so. If you made the smaller pick thinner than the physically larger pick, you’d likely get a point where the bigger one and smaller one sound more or less the same.

All IMO of course - quite happy to have holes poked in my logic which is based on nothing more than casual observation, gut feeling and red wine :)

• the material of the pick absolutely does matter in sound you're right about but this thread is sheerly on pick size and being able to tell audibly.

And that's my point is that typically with most modelers and set up, that the "more or less the same" difference you mentioned isn't noticeable barely if at all but what i wanna talk about is how it IS noticeable through the Kemper. I think lol

Also i believe this might point to the higher gain type profiles in general but isn't exclusive to them.