About to buy my first Kemper...

• If your sound clip you really need to fix that as quick as possible. A pro musicien never clip Check the input level first and your guitar volume adjust that first. And take the time , many hours if needed, to experiment , read the manual, and concentrate on that big problem. Clipping make you sound like an amateur, avoid that if you want to work in this business. It's not acceptable Period

• I did try that, as according to the diagram. Ran TRS from the mains out to the monitors, ran 2 more from the computer to the Return and Alternative inputs. I could hear the computer audio but it didn't sound good at all. Sort of muffled. Messed with the output settings a bit to see if I could remedy things but no go. I think the audio interface will make it all work. Ordered the Behringer 4 channel UMC404HD. May be more than I need but I should be in good shape.

• I did try that, as according to the diagram. Ran TRS from the mains out to the monitors, ran 2 more from the computer to the Return and Alternative inputs. I could hear the computer audio but it didn't sound good at all. Sort of muffled. Messed with the output settings a bit to see if I could remedy things but no go. I think the audio interface will make it all work. Ordered the Behringer 4 channel UMC404HD. May be more than I need but I should be in good shape.

Sounds like a good plan. I never tried the settings/connections I posted from the manual so I apologize if I have wasted your time.

Here's hoping you have success!:)

• I run an inexpensive 16 channel Beringher mixing desk into my powered PA speakers. Examples of how it's really useful for me:

1) I run my KPA main outputs into a stereo channel, so I always have that on demand. I also run the powered KPA output into a 2x12 cab so I can blend in as much amp in the room sound as I need.

2) I have a bass guitar going into another mixer channel

3) I have 2 microphones in 2 other mixer channels

4) The headphone out from my PC is in another stereo channel in case there's something I want to jam along with on there like backing tracks or Youtube

5) The main outputs from my DAW go into another stereo channel

6) I have spare channels for other guitars, etc

7) I also run a 4 channel headphone amp out of the mixer headphone jack so I can do quiet jams/practices with others.

In addition this means I always have a small PA for gigs when I need.

• That's pretty-much exactly my setup, Grant! I mean, practically-exactly.

1) KPA mains->Stereo Channel for monitoring

2) Bass into "Instrument" (Hi-Z channel)

3) 2 free channels for mic's, but I'll probably run Slate's little wedge preamp with a VMS mic into one of them

4) Line out from the Mac via 1/8"->1/4" convertor to a stereo channel

5) Main outs from DAW into another stereo channel

6) Couple o' spare channels

7) 4-channel headphone amp (Behringer) out of the mixer's "Alt 3/4" output (it's a Mackie thing whereby hitting a mute button sends signal there, and the company's done this since the CR-1604 back around 1992), just in case needed for jamming or whatever

I mean, are you kidding me? Main difference is mine's an old Mackie Onyx 1620 (without digital-expansion board), and yours is a BarfRinger, which I'm guessing might be a Xenyx, a direct ripoff of my desk.

Uncanny, brother.

• I don't want to pile on but we have a very similar setup with a Behringer XR-18.

Kemper going to 3 channels (stereo main out + DI), a pair of microphones, Bass with an el cheapo Behringer DI (which is awesome btw). Sound from the laptop and a Roland synth. Have one extra channel with a guitar DI box too just in case some friend comes over and we want to jam. (In this case, naturally they get to play on the Kemper and we are stuck on the DIs. ;))

Only thing is the XR-18 is itself an USB interface so I don't need one extra. Very convenient, whether practicing off a tab - Guitar Pro running on the laptop, muting the tracks we play and still hearing the drums, rythm, etc. Or when recording on the laptop just firing up the DAW, setting up which USB channels to record and that's it.

• :D

Grant, I well remember the Eurorack range. A mate of mine had one of the big-ass-desk versions with the ridiculously-chunky power-supply box back in the '90s. It was an excellent alternative to (yet again) the Mackie 8bus desk, which was pricey, even for a Mackie.

Anyway, the important thing is that the OP's issue will likely be solved as soon as he receives his interface, which should be any minute now as it's already Tuesday (the day he's expecting its arrival), albeit in Oz...

• Sounds like a good plan. I never tried the settings/connections I posted from the manual so I apologize if I have wasted your time.

Here's hoping you have success!:)

All good buddy. Not a time waster at all, took maybe a few minutes to try. Besides, on paper it should work. And it does...sort of. Just not as well as we'd like.

• Update: The rabbit hole continues...

Been messing with this thing on and off for a couple of days and still can't figure out how to wire everything to work like I want it to. All I want to do is A) hear my computer audio out of the monitors and B) hear my guitar out of the monitors at the same time to play along. Since I can only use one of the monitor's inputs (XLR or TRS) at a time, my thought was the Behringer UMC404HD would be more than enough to route everything properly. But after plugging/unplugging a million times, I still haven't found the right combination. I don't even know if I have the right cables or not (and I have a LOT of cables). Here's the interface. https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…hringer-u-phoria-umc404hd

• Update: The rabbit hole continues...

Been messing with this thing on and off for a couple of days and still can't figure out how to wire everything to work like I want it to. All I want to do is A) hear my computer audio out of the monitors and B) hear my guitar out of the monitors at the same time to play along. Since I can only use one of the monitor's inputs (XLR or TRS) at a time, my thought was the Behringer UMC404HD would be more than enough to route everything properly. But after plugging/unplugging a million times, I still haven't found the right combination. I don't even know if I have the right cables or not (and I have a LOT of cables). Here's the interface. https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…hringer-u-phoria-umc404hd

You installed the driver, and chose that device as the default sound output for the PC?

• You installed the driver, and chose that device as the default sound output for the PC?

Yes, and therein lies the first question--do I use the USB cord that came with the unit to connect the interface to the laptop? Or should I just use the audio jack as an output and run something into the interface? Or does it even matter?

• The audio interface should be connected to your PC with USB.

I think the confusion is based on what you're calling "computer audio".

There are 2 audio cards in your (and my) set-ups. One is your Windows audio driver and the other is your Behringer.

In order to hear your guitar (in the Behringer) and Windows media like Media Player or Youtube (PC audio driver) at the same time you need to feed the headphone out from your PC into a stereo input on the Behringer. Then they're both in the same output.

This is why I run a small mixer and run my headphones off that.