About to buy my first Kemper...

• Wouldn't the computer audio be routing out the USB to the Behringer? That is what I had imagined. And then the Kemper main outs would go to two inputs on the Behringer. Your way would work too for sure, but needs more wires.

Maybe I'm nuts...:P

• BTW... I found the appropriate cable (1/8 stereo to two mono 1/4).

I plugged the 1/8 into my laptop, and the two 1/4 inch left and right into the Return and Alternative inputs on the Kemper.

I plugged the monitors into L/R Main outputs of the Kemper.

Then I went to the "Output" section in the Kemper and dialed up the "Aux In" > Main which is off by default.

I am now playing along in stereo, and it sounds AWESOME! No interface or anything else required.

Of course you need to have the Kemper on to hear the PC/Youtube/Spotify or whatever, but it works a treat!:D

• Okay so I SWEAR I tried this earlier and it didn't work for me. But something in the above (maybe turning on the right Output settings in the KPA?) got this going and it sounds amazing. Thanks D!

I guess I'll just hang on to the Behringer in case I need it later...so it's okay to leave the KPA unit on most of the time then for my laptop audio?

• Okay so I SWEAR I tried this earlier and it didn't work for me. But something in the above (maybe turning on the right Output settings in the KPA?) got this going and it sounds amazing. Thanks D!

I guess I'll just hang on to the Behringer in case I need it later...so it's okay to leave the KPA unit on most of the time then for my laptop audio?

Dude you're totally welcome!

Glad you are getting what you need. I should have tried this before, but I forgot where the cable was. ^^

Anyway, this Kemper continues to amaze me. As it is a digital device, I'm not sure about leaving it on all the time, but I'd venture to say it'll be OK.

It doesn't really take a whole lot of time to boot though, so I'd likely turn it off when not in use.:)

• This thread is confusing. jbird5150 if you have purchased a USB audio interface, forget about connecting headphones outputs etc. Just stop right now :). This is what you need:

Install the USB interface on you computer. Make sure drivers are installed. Connect the USB cable to your computer. Connect your monitors to the output of the USB interface. Make sure the USB interface is setup to handle your default computer audio. This means that (for instance) Youtube videos play through your monitors. Don't worry about the Kemper just yet.

Does Youtube videos play on your monitors now? If so then connect the Kemper to your USB interface. Open the USB interface mixer application and make sure those channels are not muted.

Then you can have both computer audio and Kemper playing over your monitors. This is a SUPER standard setup that you WILL get to work.

Other people are using mixers for their needs - but you don't need to do that.

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Exactly what I told him here, Nikolaj ; I don't understand why he seemed to overlook this:

You'll be able to route the KPA's outs to the main-stereo feed that you connect to your monitors, and that'll carry the computer's audio along with it.

This is achieved with onboard-mixing software that resides in interfaces (set up from the front panel and / or via a utility that gets installed on your 'puter when you install the drivers for it).

• Update: The rabbit hole continues...

Been messing with this thing on and off for a couple of days and still can't figure out how to wire everything to work like I want it to. All I want to do is A) hear my computer audio out of the monitors and B) hear my guitar out of the monitors at the same time to play along. Since I can only use one of the monitor's inputs (XLR or TRS) at a time, my thought was the Behringer UMC404HD would be more than enough to route everything properly. But after plugging/unplugging a million times, I still haven't found the right combination. I don't even know if I have the right cables or not (and I have a LOT of cables). Here's the interface. https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…hringer-u-phoria-umc404hd

I think your problem is you confused your interface and the Kemper. Here is my advice: learn to use the interface WITHOUT the Kemper... Exemple plug a mic on th interface record your your voice Doest it work? If the answer is no ... figure that out... Now plug a guitar a bass or a guitar whatever in your interface? and record the way you want to do Does it works? no? figure it out find solutions? Ah allright now it works???? Ok fine plug the Kemper now....

Get my point, isolate your problems !!!!!

• Another quick update: Got everything hooked up and playing through the Behringer, so that's good. Just one weird thing...the laptop (music) output to the monitors drops considerably when running through the interface than when straight from the laptop audio jack. Still loud, but there's times when I'd like it to be more "11" than 10. All the settings at their highest, interface main out knobs dimed. Kemper signal is no prob since I've still got plenty to spare on the Rig Volume.

I downloaded Waveform, which is supposed to be the preferred Behringer DAW but haven't messed with it much yet. Should I be able to boost the signal through there? Or would a different DAW work better (easier) for me? Or is there yet another piece of equipment I need?

Again, appreciate all you guys holding this newbie's hand...I'm ALMOST there!

• I downloaded Waveform, which is supposed to be the preferred Behringer DAW but haven't messed with it much yet. Should I be able to boost the signal through there? Or would a different DAW work better (easier) for me? Or is there yet another piece of equipment I need?

The DAW doesn't have anything to do with your music volume. What DAW works best for you totally depend on your background. I would suggest you spend considerable time looking at youtube videos, try things out, experiment and find out what works best for you. Good luck :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM