Boot up freeze AGAIN !!!

• I'm really beginning to dislike the KPA. I haven't used it for a few days and have got exactly the same boot up freeze that I had a few weeks ago which again was after not using it for a few days. But, this time is slightly different in that pressing the system key during the boot up process doesn't fix it and reinstalling the firmware from the root of the usb stick whilst pressing <page> doesn't fix it either. What a shitty piece of equipment this is turning out to be, the most unreliable thing I've ever bought.. Time for a refund I think.

any ideas ?

• Like any new software you can expect bugs. You ei†her have to have patience to wait it out or jus† move on.... I for one think it's worth waiting for. Haven't experienced any boo†up freezes but I have gotten two operating freezes in the 2 weeks I have had it. Doesn't bother me that much as it works most of the time but I expect all these kinks will be worked out.

• Like any new software you can expect bugs. You ei†her have to have patience to wait it out or jus† move on.... I for one think it's worth waiting for. Haven't experienced any boo†up freezes but I have gotten two operating freezes in the 2 weeks I have had it. Doesn't bother me that much as it works most of the time but I expect all these kinks will be worked out.

No I don't buy that argument. I run my own software development business and I would never release software that was riddled with bugs like this. When I pay for something I expect it to work 100% of the time.....I didn't buy this unit to be a beta tester !!!

• If you encounter those problems in a beta firmware, you´ll have to live with that, because... well you are beta-testing it.
    If you get those those problems on a stable release you have every right to return the device. Would be a pity but i had a similar case once with some other device.

• If you encounter those problems in a beta firmware, you´ll have to live with that, because... well you are beta-testing it.
    If you get those those problems on a stable release you have every right to return the device. Would be a pity but i had a similar case once with some other device.

err, no I'm not beta testing it....I'm using the "stable release" 1.04

• No I don't buy that argument. I run my own software development business and I would never release software that was riddled with bugs like this. When I pay for something I expect it to work 100% of the time.....I didn't buy this unit to be a beta tester !!!

If you aren't happy and don't have patience just return it or sell it. I am sure Kemper and crew are doing the best they can.

• If you aren't happy and don't have patience just return it or sell it. I am sure Kemper and crew are doing the best they can.

I'm trying to return it, just waiting and waiting and waiting for a reply !

• I'm sorry that you have so many issues.Maybe is a bad file that KPA is getting trouble.It happened to me in the

beginning with the first firmware loaded, when I imported some damaged files, I had 2 freezes, then I removed

these files and I cleaned up the KPA from rigs and profiles I didn't want. Since then I don't have any issue with all

firmwares. It's now almost 3 months with more than 20 gigs and many rehearsals with the KPA without any

probem. Maybe is luck, but give it a try before return it.

• One thing I don't get is why the KPA can't deal with corrupted files without freezing/crashing... seriously, would it be so hard to automatically check and deny a corrupted profile before loading it?

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• One thing I don't get is why the KPA can't deal with corrupted files without freezing/crashing... seriously, would it be so hard to automatically check and deny a corrupted profile before loading it?

I believe it was already confired by support that it is being worked on to achieve exactly that.