Peavish 6504MH [RealAMP] — 50% off

• In my obsessive quest to profile every amp I've ever come into contact with, I've decided to launch my own Kemper store. Check out my first profile pack here, based on a 20-watt Peavey 6505MH. You can pick it up for 50% off between now and February 1st using discount code "HAPPYNEWYEAR". Full money-back guarantee within 7 days of purchase.

I'd welcome any feedback on the sounds and store experience. Thanks for your support.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi!

Probably I had to make these questions first before buy but at this price tag ... ok never mind :)

Are all studio profiles refined with single coils right?

Liked the amp part but there'd something about the cab that I personally don't like.

With my personal choice of cabs I've managed to get a really nice sound, but in general works better with merged or DI profiles.

Nice work!

Cheers

• GodlessEndeavor Sorry to hear that, man! That's disappointing. Did you try the included 4x12 IR profiles? I thought the IRs we picked really opened up the sound of the amp.

Yes, everything was dialed in using a Tele with singles. My partner and I have been talking about refining profiles using a Les Paul and Tele both. Maybe that's something we need to consider for future packs.

Thanks for your feedback and support. Please don't hesitate to reach out for a full refund if nothing's working for you. I have spent SOOOO much dough on paid profiles I'll never use because they didn't work for my gear, so I understand completely.

• Tested with a Tele and yes it's different, that why I've asked. Will be a good consideration in the future, many other sellers have profiles for SC and HB. A sheet with the amp settings, cabs, mics , pedals is always good info also.

Since its an IR and not a real cab probably thats why its not my taste, but this not science probably other will like it :). The merged and direct solve that... use the cab you like most.

Refund? No need, probably the best pack I've bought for that value :thumbup:and it's good!

Cheers!

• Yes, everything was dialed in using a Tele with singles. My partner and I have been talking about refining profiles using a Les Paul and Tele both. Maybe that's something we need to consider for future packs.

Obvious, but the gain and EQ adjustments you make on the amp to suit the guitar / PU type you're using prior to Profiling are gonna be waaay more important than which models you use to refine, dB.

Bear in mind too that refining seems to impact dynamic behaviour as opposed to tone.

EDIT:

Oh, and I forgot to add the money-back guarantee info to my post in the "sales" thread, so I'll do that now, bro'.

• Cabs have saved me from sending countless rigs to the delete Bin....I did not know how important they were until Frank showed me.

Eltzejupp

Dialed in for single coils and refined by a Tele, all as i typically look for now is what pick up (if specified).

I have found that this info from sellers gives me the most efficient way to tweak and shape the sound to my needs.

I appreciate when sellers do this. It helps big time for people with many guitars.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• GodlessEndeavor and Monkey_Man , thanks for the helpful input. It sounds like the only way to suit a pack to all tastes would be to profile with multiple guitars and treat as separate packs. I pretty much only play single-coils, so that’s always my preference.

From your experience, do single-coil/humbucker packs (like Selah Sounds) get you in the ballpark? Or is it necessary for commercial profiles to do a Les Paul, Tele, Strat, ESP, etc?

397f7c95538961c9090da40b2b0b6e229b278069, I really appreciate the kind words. That’s encouraging. It’s hard to top the real thing.

ashtweth, most of these patches were tailored for the stock pickups of my Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Tele (Alnico III, vintage output). That’s what you’re hearing in the clips— bridge and middle positions. Hope this helps.

• Thanks man, also may help, most profilers actually profile packs for Les Paul, Tele, Strat etc, in ONE PACK. So you would get single/hum rigs in ONE PACK. :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yes, Ash beat me to it (42ºC here today so computer has been switched-off); definitely don't do separate packs for different pickups. Consumers will see this as being scabby 'cause it's not the done thing.

Your idea of doing Strat / Tele / LP settings on the Profiled amps is on-the-money IMHO, dB, but as I suggested earlier, the SC / HB thing is at least as important as any other variation. You might have to get your hands on some HB-equipped geetars; even cheapies should get you into the ballpark.