NAMM 2019

• Aren't a few of the guys on here testers prior to Beta release? I'm sure Ingolf 'fessed up to it once.

Perhaps Ingolf should switch between using 2 profile pictures - use the one he has now (smiling face) when something is imminent and then use one where he's a bit more straight faced for when there isn't.

Or perhaps someone who lives nearby could take him out for a few lagers to loosen those lips.

Of course I'm just joking . . . Ingolf will only crack for cold hard cash!

No, seriously I'm joking. If we get something - great, if not - my life goes on.

• No chance - I keep smiling all the time. :)

I have it on good authority that Line 6 plans to buy out Kemper and absorb the profiling technology into its Helix family of products.

I see. Since I own both I can honestly ask then that tone wise for the most part they are downgrading my Kemper? ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• GUARANTEED at NAMM.

56 year old metal heads (with dyed black hair extension) with their guts hanging over their pants (the same ones they wore in the 80s) shredding loud BS from the booths playing pointy guitars.

And overpriced, greasy food.

Other than that, when has Kemper ever RELEASED an update during NAMM?

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• GUARANTEED at NAMM.

56 year old metal heads (with dyed black hair extension) with their guts hanging over their pants (the same ones they wore in the 80s) shredding loud BS from the booths playing pointy guitars.

:D:D:D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Good grief some of the things you guys will argue about. LOL.

NAMM is two weeks away. I've seen the Kemper booth many time and it's always packed, always a good buzz regarding them. I'll have mine there doing a few demos for Wathen Audiophile and if no one beats me to it I'll post whatever news the folks at Kemper might have the minute I get it :)

(and yeah, I'll have my handy dandy thumb drive on me just in case there is a tasty show-only update)

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Good grief some of the things you guys will argue about. LOL.

NAMM is two weeks away. I've seen the Kemper booth many time and it's always packed, always a good buzz regarding them. I'll have mine there doing a few demos for Wathen Audiophile and if no one beats me to it I'll post whatever news the folks at Kemper might have the minute I get it :)

(and yeah, I'll have my handy dandy thumb drive on me just in case there is a tasty show-only update)

Won’t help. You can’t take firmware off the Kemper, only install it.

Last announcement in June. I am sure another demonstration and perhaps an indication of when the verbs will be released.

Or maybe they’ll release it before NAMM.

Guitarist in my band was telling me how he wants a Kemper, then started hinting I should sell him mine haha.

Told him no chance, start saving.

The device constantly amazes me. I worked on a song I had written sometime ago and remixed it this evening and I think I found my go-to profiles. Have a listen:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not telling what the profiles are/sharing for a change!

• Yes, if they happen to have any new firmware to introduce at the show first I'd like to have the means to nab it :)

Good luck - I’d be surprised if the company let firmware out in this way; they obviously give it to beta testers prior to release but otherwise it’s either ‘released or it isn’t’ and, if it’s released, they will put it online for automatic update via usb as a first step. Giving it to someone who shows up at rhe booth doesn’t strike me as their usual style.... Of course, it would be possible to recruit you as a beta tester but then you wouldn’t be able to tell us they’ve given you something. And you’d need to be taking a pen to sign things moreso than a memory stick :)

• I need to pioneer a new internet shorthand marker. I`m going to start putting [tic] after sentences that are intended with Tongue In Cheek. Just having a little bit of fun up there, didn`t mean for anyone to take it quite so seriously.

And I would have to politely decline an invitation to beta test for them. As I have only one device and I`m at right about the half way point in a 34 song, six EP marathon project I could not afford to have any unforeseen bugs . I need it to be as reliable as the sunrise and I`m happy to wait for the fully tested versions :)

• I need to pioneer a new internet shorthand marker. I`m going to start putting [tic] after sentences that are intended with Tongue In Cheek. Just having a little bit of fun up there, didn`t mean for anyone to take it quite so seriously.

And I would have to politely decline an invitation to beta test for them. As I have only one device and I`m at right about the half way point in a 34 song, six EP marathon project I could not afford to have any unforeseen bugs . I need it to be as reliable as the sunrise and I`m happy to wait for the fully tested versions :)

apologies Jef - I was a bit slow on the uptake there.....

Enjoy NAMM and good luck with your project - 34 songs is a big one. At my output rate that’d be 5 years work at least :)

• - 34 songs is a big one. At my output rate that’d be 5 years work at least :)

Thanks, it's a good 8 years worth of material I've been writing on the side as solo material between writing for the various bands I've been in. I'll make a separate thread for it once it's far enough along to start releasing some of it but I think you guys will dig it. A big focus for my trip to namm this year is to sit down and talk to the guy who has offered to help produce it all (believe me, I need the help!) and see how we can make that happen in a timely manner. I won't divulge who it is until we have an official agreement, but here's a hint: He was in Frank Zappa's band :)

• If it's ready we'll see it at Namm; if not we'll be waiting, but I imagine that unless there's some major hiccup that they still haven't ironed out yet, we'll see it by Namm. My earlier thought was that if we didn't see it by early December, we wouldn't see it until sometime this year. You have to figure you don't roll out a beta in which you anticipate lots of emails and potential bugs to discuss with customers just prior to Christmas vacation, when you and your employees are about to get a bunch of days off and typically use up vacation time. (most companies and businesses stick to the basics during those couple holiday weeks and postpone anything that can't wait until January) But what do I know?

• Thanks, it's a good 8 years worth of material I've been writing on the side as solo material between writing for the various bands I've been in. I'll make a separate thread for it once it's far enough along to start releasing some of it but I think you guys will dig it. A big focus for my trip to namm this year is to sit down and talk to the guy who has offered to help produce it all (believe me, I need the help!) and see how we can make that happen in a timely manner. I won't divulge who it is until we have an official agreement, but here's a hint: He was in Frank Zappa's band :)

oooh, I’ve seen Banned from Utopia a couple of times locally to where I live. Fantastic musicians.... I went due to a friend of mine being a massive Zappa fan and, whilst I don’t know where to start with 100+ album back catalogue, I certainly enjoyed it - they were great :)

• If it's ready we'll see it at Namm; if not we'll be waiting, but I imagine that unless there's some major hiccup that they still haven't ironed out yet, we'll see it by Namm. My earlier thought was that if we didn't see it by early December, we wouldn't see it until sometime this year. You have to figure you don't roll out a beta in which you anticipate lots of emails and potential bugs to discuss with customers just prior to Christmas vacation, when you and your employees are about to get a bunch of days off and typically use up vacation time. (most companies and businesses stick to the basics during those couple holiday weeks and postpone anything that can't wait until January) But what do I know?

Sounds like a very logical approach ! I, on other-hand work my bag off twice as hard as it's one of the busiest times of the year haha! ;)X/