NAMM 2019

• If this is not an editor finally ....... Bought my Kemper in 2012, so 7 years of stupid turning knobs and clicking buttons .... nothing but poor. Kemper is a good tool, yes, but very vintage workflow when you are working stationary with it, and an absolutely low budget display. I can not understand guys that praise Kemper for new reverbs after 7 years of really bad quality reverbs, .... instead of telling them to make the work first that has to be done, like editor and good sounding reverbs since years missing.

• If this is not an editor finally ....... Bought my Kemper in 2012, so 7 years of stupid turning knobs and clicking buttons .... nothing but poor. Kemper is a good tool, yes, but very vintage workflow when you are working stationary with it, and an absolutely low budget display. I can not understand guys that praise Kemper for new reverbs after 7 years of really bad quality reverbs, .... instead of telling them to make the work first that has to be done, like editor and good sounding reverbs since years missing.

Depends upon your point of reference and expectation.

I bought my Kemper as a guitar amp replacement. It was actually cheaper than my Engl with way more convenient and better sound capabilities.

The reverbs were better than any built in amp reverb ( same with the rest of the effects).

I only twiddle knobs on stage for gain and eq, and its easier than an amp.

If I was recording, I would care about the in built effects because I'd use outboard gear/plugins. I would record guitar relatively dry and hence less concerned about reverb quality..

for your use case the reverbs have been substandard, to me they have been fine. Its a bonus they have come up a level to compete with outboard pedals ( strymon etc).

I bought the kemper in january this year, and after the update, I can say that I am very happy with the reverbs (using it with Michael Britt profiles mostly). I have the passive version and I really hope to see some active cabinets from Kemper at NAMM...they look so good, I am so curious about them. They seem to have a regular 1x12 and a angled 1x12 as well.

• 7 years of stupid turning knobs and clicking buttons .... nothing but poor.

Those of use who came up recording stuff to tape with analogue gear tend to twitch when using the modern DAW. We love what a DAW does, but trying to mix with a mouse is often tedious beyond belief compared to "just grab the fader / knob and move it."

So, an industry was formed around hardware interfaces for software products, often based on the venerable HUI and MCU protocols that drive countless products from Mackie, Avid and a host of others. We've spent a ton of money on gear to give us a more tactile way of controlling our software. The DAW doesn't include it. We have to pay extra.

Then along comes this Kemper thingie, a software based guitar amp emulation gizmo that includes (at no extra charge!) a solid and well built hardware controller.

Human nature being what it is, it's only natural that people then complain that they can't mix with a mouse! ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Funny way of sight, so 1700,- EUR for software only, plus free of charge hardware. I would like to see guys spending 1700,- EUR for Kemper software only.

There will always be different kinds of usage, but check out how many photos are posted by Kemper about Kempers placed in Studios, so this is an important part of the Kemper story. In studios you got your big displays, multiple displays, and I think that changing sounds, effects, rigs, cabinets, and making backups of stored rigs quickly ...... via a big display makes a bit more sence, then walking to the Kemper and turning knobs, switching buttons, ..... on that bad display, ..... making a new storage and pressing buttons by buttons for a new name of the rig ........ ha ha ..... sorry, have to laugh about that.

Yes, when using Kemper as a guitar amp in live situations, the buttons and switches are the right way, ...... but the Kemper is the tool for live and studio works, ...... I guess Kemper is thinking the same about that.

• Hard to believe that now with the new delays and reverbs Kemper will continue to dismiss any kind of software management for pure "philosophical reasons" just to make clear to the guitar world that the profiler is a tube amp replacement and NOT a digital "full audio solution" for guitar players like the fractal/line6 etc stuff.

They made their point. Everyone got it.It is 2019 after all(seven years after release..).

I bet that we will have some fx-editor soon.I say FX editor because I still believe that @CK will continue to sell the KPA as tube amp replacement.So most likely no editor for the amp-part of the KPA.This(always my opinion) is their philosophy.You can't change your philosophy easy as that.Tube amp=knobs!!Easy,silly,stupid equation=Rock'n'Roll..:D

It is marketing and their given right to sell their product the way they want.And obviously it sells good.

• Funny way of sight, so 1700,- EUR for software only, plus free of charge hardware. I would like to see guys spending 1700,- EUR for Kemper software only.

There will always be different kinds of usage, but check out how many photos are posted by Kemper about Kempers placed in Studios, so this is an important part of the Kemper story. In studios you got your big displays, multiple displays, and I think that changing sounds, effects, rigs, cabinets, and making backups of stored rigs quickly ...... via a big display makes a bit more sence, then walking to the Kemper and turning knobs, switching buttons, ..... on that bad display, ..... making a new storage and pressing buttons by buttons for a new name of the rig ........ ha ha ..... sorry, have to laugh about that.

Yes, when using Kemper as a guitar amp in live situations, the buttons and switches are the right way, ...... but the Kemper is the tool for live and studio works, ...... I guess Kemper is thinking the same about that.

Yes if you think of it that way. Do you not use Mesa Boogie/boutique amps in your studio? They cost way more than 1700euro. I don;t change my rigs every 30 seconds. Have you complained about Mesa's not having a touch screen? No becuase the main functions are to hand and yiou use it as an amp, not a multi effects with gain settings.

I get it if you are uising it like a peice of rack gear...I'm not saying, and I don't think Kemper is saying, its not a studio device, but the focus is on the amp, not the effects. To me its a bonus it has effects.

The focus is on core sound, not 3d displays - if your not happy, why have you not replaced with a fractal?
    I would argue that the ax is more studio focused and less live focused. Doesn't mean it can;t do it, its where the R+D emphasis goes..

Ironically I want an editor but I suspect for very different reasons.

Can we get back to namm pls?

• THIS, THIS, THIS!

I bought a control surface years ago so I wouldn't have to deal with a mouse which is never as precise when you have to drag a virtual knob. It's the same reason software has keyboard shortcuts...because it's faster.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me