NAMM 2019

• HW getting proper excited ?..can’t really blame him.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

His guess that "Cone" could be a new feature to manage IRs better sounds reasonable

• Not necessarily...in other words it does mean theres a 5.8 and 5.9 to come before 6.0. You can't infer that from the version number...

It's also possible to go from 5.9 to 5.10 and above, if they so wish. There's a software versioning convention where an increase in the most significant number means a lot of changes, the 2nd number means some new improvements, and the 3rd number means bug fixes only. Of course software companies are known to skip numbers here and there for marketing reasons. Anyway, I'd say 6.0 is on the cards.

• It's also possible to go from 5.9 to 5.10 and above, if they so wish. There's a software versioning convention where an increase in the most significant number means a lot of changes, the 2nd number means some new improvements, and the 3rd number means bug fixes only. Of course software companies are known to skip numbers here and there for marketing reasons. Anyway, I'd say 6.0 is on the cards.

Our vendors often designate a beta version of "release 14" as 13.9.x.x before it's let out

• Not necessarily...in other words it does mean theres a 5.8 and 5.9 to come before 6.0. You can't infer that from the version number...

I don't think there will be 5.8 & 5.9.
    But if 6.0 was near the corner, why then release 5.7beta just before Namm ?

• I don't think there will be 5.8 & 5.9.
    But if 6.0 was near the corner, why then release 5.7beta just before Namm ?

It has been mentioned here that 6.0 is around the corner as it gets mentioned in the 5.7 Addendum:

"

Legacy Reverb
    The Legacy Reverb is based on the first reverb algorithm created for the PROFILER. The main purpose of this
    reverb type is to maintain full backward compatibility with Rigs that have been created before the advent of
    PROFILER operating system 6.0.
    If you are going to build a new reverb from scratch, you should select one of the new reverb types instead."

• How does one remove the microphone from an IR? I mean, a microphone is the central piece of equipment that captures an IR signal, yes?

It's what I was wondering earlier in this thread or another. Can't remember.....

But what if the Kemper cabinet can be plugged into your actual amplifier you are profiling and sends the signal back via USB to the Kemper itself? That way, you are truly separating the cabinet and the amp. The Kemper knows how the Kemper cab reacts.

Complete guess so probably miles out :)

• close up. Image by Brian Patzán.

I don't use a MAC. Can someone help me out with something that seems to be missing in this GUI -- which is some sort of menu bar at the top of screen (e.g. File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc.), Does the MAC OS have a drop drown menu that only appears when you move the cursor up to the top of the screen, or something like that? Otherwise, I don't see an obvious way to do something as simple as "Save" a new preset. Of course, I realize everything will be revealed shortly...but I am just wondering if I am missing something that is specific to a MAC OS.

• I don't use a MAC. Can someone help me out with something that seems to be missing in this GUI -- which is some sort of menu bar at the top of screen (e.g. File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc.), Does the MAC OS have a drop drown menu that only appears when you move the cursor up to the top of the screen, or something like that? Otherwise, I don't see an obvious way to do something as simple as "Save" a new preset. Of course, I realize everything will be revealed shortly...but I am just wondering if I am missing something that is specific to a MAC OS.

Yes, Mac OS allows you to put applications in full screen mode, hiding the window "chrome" and the menu bar - which both appear if you move the mouse to the top of the screen.