NAMM 2019

• Well, if they somehow backwards engineered the KPA software to play .kipr files (which I highly doubt), that is one thing. However, if, as the video apparently claims, users can "profile" their own amps -- well, it won't be the patented method used by Kemper. Otherwise, serious LAWSUIT.

Edit -- Woops, sorry paults, I was typing this post when you had replied above.

• It is really satisfying to hear the joy from all about the editor and cabs. I know ill get may ass chewed for this but the excitement and feeling on the day and the fact that kemper has been listening is really some thing.

Despite any petty or valid complaining in the past, the surprise and joy to me is really worth it. I have new respect for the kemper team and they still ARE the industry leader this field. Read it and [dont] weep.

Plus, i cant wait to get 2 new stereo cabs to make a 4X12..you thought my last set up was monstrous.

You have not seen a monster yet. I am going to put both mission cabs together to make a 4X12 on kemper one.

Kemper 2 will have the 2 new cabs. to make another 4X12 Godzilla!!

I dont care if i go deaf i can still type.

Thank you and congrats to the kemper team

What a suprise

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• A couple of Kemper Instagram posts at NAMM 2019:

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I assume that the whole cone thing is quite simple : basics speakers create signals by moving purely on currents flowing and creating magnets to move (cones) , a mic does the opposite , it pics up the moving air from the speaker and turns it into an electrical current again. The maestro found a way to capture that stage instead of the mics job ... I'd say goodbye full blown studio profiles and welcome direct/merged ones !

this makes sence , CK is a master of thinking out of the box , he looks at sounds instead of components ... true genius and the only one in the industry !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I wish they would have this ready to release when they make the announcement.

We waited almost 6 months for the reverbs to show up.

That's how different people are. Many complained that Kemper doesn't tell, what future updates will bring or don't comment on some user wishes.

Others are unhappy of they announce something which isn't ready for release yet.

Not an easy situation for a company.

• I assume that the whole cone thing is quite simple : basics speakers create signals by moving purely on currents flowing and creating magnets to move (cones) , a mic does the opposite , it pics up the moving air from the speaker and turns it into an electrical current again. The maestro found a way to capture that stage instead of the mics job ... I'd say goodbye full blown studio profiles and welcome direct/merged ones !

this makes sence , CK is a master of thinking out of the box , he looks at sounds instead of components ... true genius and the only one in the industry !

Raf

This was kind of my thought as well. Basically a virtual speaker cab, with “speaker imprints” so to speak, that take out the microphone aspect completely, and basically “models” for lack of a

Better word, whatever speaker you have selected in the Kemper cone section. Is that what you are saying as well? I could be way off here, only time will tell :)

• I wonder if better CAB management is included in the editor?

Perhaps seen as 'Presets'?

I'd love to have an easier way manage and try different cabs.

And how about integrating the Cab Maker into the editor? Just drag an IR into the preset area and it will convert it to a cab and store it as a Cab preset... :D

Edited 2 times, last by Janne ().

• A live vid from Marco Fenton (kemper profiler). The demoed says the software is version 6.0 ar 2:40 or so

Can any of our community that speak Italian translate what Marco is saying at the end of the vid?

https://www.facebook.com/marcofnt/videos/10213653837245829/

He says that it's "6.something" - and that they hope to release it maybe summer this year.

• This was kind of my thought as well. Basically a virtual speaker cab, with “speaker imprints” so to speak, that take out the microphone aspect completely, and basically “models” for lack of a

Better word, whatever speaker you have selected in the Kemper cone section. Is that what you are saying as well? I could be way off here, only time will tell :)

Sounds reasonable and interesting, like the ox top box thing what comes to speaker simulations. Having the microphone part removed also would give you even better trad. 'playing amp in the room' effect.

Though one interesting is the naming conventions, there are Celestion used, but then somewhere was mentioned that Jensen was crypted..could there have been some extra co-operation with celestion with this feature. :/