NAMM 2019

• So I assume NAMM day 1 is over, no vendor videos talking to CK getting the low down?

I suppose something will turn up on YouTube soon. :whistling:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• He says that it's "6.something" - and that they hope to release it maybe summer this year.

Was hearing the Kemper resp. saying it's the internal 6.x Namm version which they "want to release as soon as possible". And that the dates depend on the feature releasing strategy they'll take (one feature at a time vs. all in one).

• Ahh, as I can understand from Marco Fenton's video the cabinets are passive, I am so disappointed. I will have to look to other brands for an active cab X/

I was hoping for powered as well. Maybe a powered version will come - it seems the cabinets are still in early development.

Otherwise, you can buy an external power amp for fairly cheap

• Was hearing the Kemper resp. saying it's the internal 6.x Namm version which they "want to release as soon as possible". And that the dates depend on the feature releasing strategy they'll take (one feature at a time vs. all in one).

I heard it as the editor is "6.something, hopefully to be released by summer" and the cab thingy firmware is "still internal" (ie. in very early development). Paraphrasing here :)

• Its good.Dont bother.There will be great new features which will make sense and help to handle new possibilities..but of course it will take time..again..all good.No reason to rush this out.

And don't complain.I talk to all the guys who wanted "more communication" and a "plan" what's gonna be in the future.You just were informed what will happen in the next months to come.Maybe even in the next 1-2 years.

• Hi,

did you see the knobs?

They have a different scale lines… does it means that this is a new model or it is just a graphic change?

Hi Allex,

my kpa (November 2017) have the same scale lines. It also has two other aesthetic differences compared to older version:

PROFILER instead of PROFILING AMPLIFIER and RIG VOLUME instead VOLUME.

See you under the Neptune8o

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great news and fulfilment of long-cherished desires. :thumbup:

The time until the final release of these features is likely to be painfully slow.;)

Regarding the box I have the following impression.

Maybe the wish is father of thought, but I think (hope) that the CAB and/or IR management is not limited to the passive box we saw.

For me it makes no sense if Kemper goes into the cab business and we only get this new functionality with this box.

• I heard ‘summer’ in there too.

Whilst I wish it was ‘now’, I would far rather this communication followed by a wait as now I can get excited about something that I’ve been hoping for. I prefer them to tell us :)

I am excited by the possibility of easily managing effects chains and morphing. For my taste, it’s all about being easier to use and I welcome the change. If it takes a while, I know these guys have a habit of taking a long time but then over-delivering on my expectations so my brain will cope - I prefer to eat good food, not fast food where the quality can suffer.

• How does one remove the microphone from an IR? I mean, a microphone is the central piece of equipment that captures an IR signal, yes?

You are tight that the mic is integral to the IR. However, CK has already shown an incredible ability to think outside the box and solve problems in a unique way. Prior to merged profiles it was widely assumed that the only way to separate the amp and speaker portions of a profile was throught the KPA algorithm that tried to guess the part cntributed by each. CK and the team saw a different option by comparing two different profiles and subtrating one from the other. I would put money on it that the team have found a way to compare an IR/Cab with a real cab and subract the effect of the mic somehow. No idea how they coud do that but they have a great track record of producing radical solutions that nobody thought possible so I am really looking forward to seeing what they come out with.

• Rumor has it, the editor is only for Linux systems :D

While I'd appreciate support for a proper operating-system that isn't very likely. I'm running Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD and derivatives wherever I can and those few commercial packages that are truly multi-platform are a lot more reliable when running on a real operating-system. A Linux-version of RM with editing capabilities would be a great supplement to native linux-versions of Harrison Mixbus (DAW) and Midas mixing-console-tools that I already use.

• While I'd appreciate support for a proper operating-system that isn't very likely. I'm running Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD and derivatives wherever I can and those few commercial packages that are truly multi-platform are a lot more reliable when running on a real operating-system. A Linux-version of RM with editing capabilities would be a great supplement to native linux-versions of Harrison Mixbus (DAW) and Midas mixing-console-tools that I already use.

no linux version planned. it's atari/amiga only.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here