NAMM 2019

• I sure hope all those guys who said they don’t need an editor will chime in and announce they will refuse to use it. :)

Still don't need an editor, but will use when I need it, once a year maybe.

Great update by the way. I like how the new preset management works, looking forward to it. I'll celebrate when it's out.

• Hi Allex,

my kpa (November 2017) have the same scale lines. It also has two other aesthetic differences compared to older version:

PROFILER instead of PROFILING AMPLIFIER and RIG VOLUME instead VOLUME.

See you under the Neptune8o

thank you very much Andrea! i didn't see it again...

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

no sig:D:D:D:D

• While I'd appreciate support for a proper operating-system that isn't very likely. I'm running Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD and derivatives wherever I can and those few commercial packages that are truly multi-platform are a lot more reliable when running on a real operating-system. A Linux-version of RM with editing capabilities would be a great supplement to native linux-versions of Harrison Mixbus (DAW) and Midas mixing-console-tools that I already use.

As a Linux user myself, it's somewhat disappointing to see the confirmation about the lack of interest in a rig manager for the OS. According to wikipedia though, global desktop Linux usage is running at 2% ( Mac OS is listed at 20% for comparison), which puts the situation in perspective. It seems unlikely that 2019 will be "The Year of the Linux Desktop".

• Looking good so far. I am not convinced the new 'Preset Management' and access via Rig Manager/Editor truly addresses the core functionality of how presets work, but if it allows me an easier way to accomplish what I want to do, well, I think I can live with that.

• Please elaborate

My core issue with presets is really about how the Kemper manages files. It doesn't behave like a regular computer where you can have one version of a file that can be accessed multiple times, by multiple files. You can't edit a preset and save it - you have to save as new file, and that new file can have the same name. You can have ten different Green Screams tweaked ten different ways, and not know which is the one you are looking for. You can't tweak a file in one place and have it show up in multiple.

I see no indication that this has been addressed. However, if the editor lets me see what preset a rig is using and gives me an easier and faster way of tweaking, and then copy/pasting it into multiple other places where it may be used, that MAY help make things easier. But, if I don't know everywhere that preset is used, and the system doesn't tell me, then there is a chance I will miss one.

Thats the core in a nutshell.

• Just seen this...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Music is Key.

• You can't edit a preset and save it - you have to save as new file

This is an issue indeed and I wish this would be changed.

You can't tweak a file in one place and have it show up in multiple

This, on the other hand, I believe isn't a good idea and nothing I would expect to happen in most situations on a "regular computer" either. At least when it comes to "presets". Just think of an EQ preset you have applied to various tracks in various projects over the years … and then you tweak and save the EQ preset and all your past projects are automatically altered. Not a good idea. The purpose of a preset is to just get a starting point of parameters "copied" to a given effect, plugin, instrument. From the moment of copying the preset parameters it should and must live a life of its own … and not continue to be linked to the "source preset".

Just my 2 presets

Martin

• My core issue with presets is really about how the Kemper manages files. It doesn't behave like a regular computer where you can have one version of a file that can be accessed multiple times, by multiple files. You can't edit a preset and save it - you have to save as new file, and that new file can have the same name. You can have ten different Green Screams tweaked ten different ways, and not know which is the one you are looking for. You can't tweak a file in one place and have it show up in multiple.

I see no indication that this has been addressed. However, if the editor lets me see what preset a rig is using and gives me an easier and faster way of tweaking, and then copy/pasting it into multiple other places where it may be used, that MAY help make things easier. But, if I don't know everywhere that preset is used, and the system doesn't tell me, then there is a chance I will miss one.

Thats the core in a nutshell.

i think when we alk about fx preset management it is obvious that you need the function to show which green screen f.e. is stored as a preset and where you used it, the big thing is that you name it and you can identify the main presettweak by the given name like slight green, heavy green, clean green or whatever. I hope that this is already shon in the first short video of the preset management. Main group is distortion stomps, stomp green srceam, presets a, b, c, and so on.

I think it's organized like that

• Hi guys...might be a thread nobody cares, but I really do like the new colours of the profilers. The one seen in the namm video has that grey part which is very nice and I see the same grey is in the white version as well, as seen on the kemper web page in the product line.

have a nice weekend all

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music