NAMM 2019

• This is an issue indeed and I wish this would be changed.

This, on the other hand, I believe isn't a good idea and nothing I would expect to happen in most situations on a "regular computer" either. At least when it comes to "presets". Just think of an EQ preset you have applied to various tracks in various projects over the years … and then you tweak and save the EQ preset and all your past projects are automatically altered. Not a good idea. The purpose of a preset is to just get a starting point of parameters "copied" to a given effect, plugin, instrument. From the moment of copying the preset parameters it should and must live a life of its own … and not continue to be linked to the "source preset".

Just my 2 presets

Martin

I guess it depends on how you use your computer and files - I can give you a couple of examples:

1) Using an image or picture. Lets say I have an image of a sunset. I use it in a word document, in multiple places. I use it also in an Adobe Indesign document in multiple places. And, I use it on my website in multiple places. Now, I want to color correct it and put a bird in front of the sun. Whats easier? Finding fifty different versions and updating them, or updating one version and updating the links to that one version?

2) Code reuse. When programming different types of applications, its easier to create snippets of code (depending upon the context, I think you can call them objects or methods or what not, but its all basically the same idea). You have one 'thing' that you use in multiple places, and you can tweak it in one place, and that tweak shows up.

It might now work for you, but it IS how almost every computer and file system works these days. You can edit and save to your original files without having to be forced to make copies.

• I'm trying to figure out in my tiny mind how the feature could possibly be restricted to an existing internal power amp and a passive speaker?

The amp has been around for years before this new idea, and a passive speaker can't really be proprietary... can it?

• I hope kemper has the same strategy like our company. When we present new products at Messe Frankfurt it's a direction from the board that the products must be available directly after the fair.

Professionals will do it like this ( don't want to increase the pressure to release this big bang;););););)he he...

• I hope kemper has the same strategy like our company. When we present new products at Messe Frankfurt it's a direction from the board that the products must be available directly after the fair.

Professionals will do it like this...

As you know I'm a MOTU fan, Frank.

In all the years (20) that I've been following it, MOTU has announced products that appear soon-afterwards if hardware, and 2 quarters (6 months) later if software (Digital Performer).

So, for some companies it's just the way they do it and we get used to it I guess. Better something than nothing...

• As you know I'm a MOTU fan, Frank.

In all the years (20) that I've been following it, MOTU has announced products that appear soon-afterwards if hardware, and 2 quarters (6 months) later if software (Digital Performer).

So, for some companies it's just the way they do it and we get used to it I guess. Better something than nothing...

But pros release after the fair;);););););):evil:

• Professionals will do it like this ( don't want to increase the pressure to release this big bang

Kemper never hurried to NAMM as far as I remember (e.g. Morph and the delays).

One of our dear friends who left the forum (had to?) wrote on TGP that he got the information that the editor will be published this summer.

So it doesn't make much sense to push now. ;)

• My core issue with presets is really about how the Kemper manages files. It doesn't behave like a regular computer where you can have one version of a file that can be accessed multiple times, by multiple files. You can't edit a preset and save it - you have to save as new file, and that new file can have the same name. You can have ten different Green Screams tweaked ten different ways, and not know which is the one you are looking for. You can't tweak a file in one place and have it show up in multiple.

I see no indication that this has been addressed. However, if the editor lets me see what preset a rig is using and gives me an easier and faster way of tweaking, and then copy/pasting it into multiple other places where it may be used, that MAY help make things easier. But, if I don't know everywhere that preset is used, and the system doesn't tell me, then there is a chance I will miss one.

Thats the core in a nutshell.

I had a feature request for such a thing a couple years ago

In a nutshell: if you select any preset, be it the entire amp section, a single effect like a OD, delay, or reverb, or the a-d slots saved together, or x-rev saved together, you could ALSO choose designate it with a tag: Then in any rig that you desire to use that same preset, instead of browsing for that preset like we do now, you could opt to browse for the tag as well. This would effectively dial up the preset in these other rigs, but whatever settings you make to the preset would be mirrored in all of the rigs that use the matching tag of this preset. If however, later you desire to untag the preset in one rig that you're using it, you could just untag it, leaving you free to edit and save it independently, like the way presets function now. Thus anyone that prefers to have some go-2 certain things set more globally (but not always, like using the lock function) could do so.

For example, you use a compressor in all your live clean rigs, and find yourself wanting to tweak it one way when using a particular guitar, you'd only have to do it once, not go to each and every clean rig your using that day before a gig and do the copy-paste-save-save-save thing over and over.

• This NAMM has just become a wet dream come true... ;(

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• As you know I'm a MOTU fan, Frank.

But pros release after the fair ;);););););):evil:

Well, MOTU must have heard you, Frank...

It announced DP10 and said it will be available Q1 2019, whereas normally it would have said Q3 2019. 8):thumbup:

• This is amazing.

Looking closer at the NAMM video on Facebook, it looks like the #speakerimprint tech allows you to choose a specific kind of speaker for the Kemper cone.

Given that you turn off the cab section usually when using the powered Kemper, that could be truly game-changing for anyone who loves to use a real cab, but doesn't like the fact that conventional cabs colour the tone.

Also, did you guys see the preset management on the Kemper itself? As Kemper scrolls through the reverbs, there is both a category of reverb that is scrolled through when rotating type and then various presets that are accessed by turning the browse knob.

So glad I bought a powered Kemper... but did you note that there's an option for stereo monitor output as well? Totally rad, I wonder if that means you can choose different speakers for each Kemper Cone?

I also wonder if a stereo Kemper is coming closer and closer. But enough of thinking ahead, time for living in the moment!

They did it!!! :thumbup:

• Looking closer at the NAMM video on Facebook, it looks like the #speakerimprint tech allows you to choose a specific kind of speaker for the Kemper cone.

Given that you turn off the cab section usually when using the powered Kemper, that could be truly game-changing for anyone who loves to use a real cab, but doesn't like the fact that conventional cabs colour the tone.

Hate quoting myself, but do you think the speaker imprint can be built from the existing cabs that are already offered with profiles, rather than just presets? 8|