NAMM 2019

• Yes, it was, but I was driving at the idea that each Kemper Cone could have different speaker imprints loaded on them :)

Ahhhh now I got ya!:D

I wouldn’t think so, though, as the Cab part of the KPA is a separate entity from the rest of the processing, as far as I have read up (though only Kemper knows for sure, of course).

Edit : this is why the Cab is always last in the chain, no matter the supposed signal path layout on the front of the toaster.

• I think CK found a way to eliminate the mic from the equation, so merged/direct profiles , kemper cone on and instant amp in the room sound with V30 or celestion 75 ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Saw this Twitter post from Monday (emphasis mine):

If you are at NAMM don‘t miss to drop by at the Kemper booth #3720. We have some cabinets for the PROFILER with us and we are looking for your feedback. More about them soon!

My impression is that the goal for Winter NAMM is just to set up some buzz for product announcements more likely to come at Summer NAMM.

The fact that they're showing cabinets but (wisely) soliciting feedback on them indicates a product still under development. In a similar fashion, releasing a shaky-cam iPhone video that just happens to brush past the highly sought after editor is obviously geared towards stirring the pot.

This is a common tactic in the software biz (often known as vaporware), a preemptive strike on the competition by saying, "Don't spend your money with other people - we have a better product coming just around the corner!" Because if they can keep you from committing your money to the competition today, there's a better chance that they can get it from you tomorrow. If you lock yourself into a different ecosystem, that becomes harder.

In general, this sort of warfare based on non-existent products (meaning you can't buy now and no guarantee that it'll ever actually release) does more harm than good because it gradually wears away the credibility of the company. It's either all promises, no action or (worse) rushing poor quality crap out the door to try to deliver something before it's ready, just to beat the competition to market. In the software biz, I've lived through a lot of this.

That said, in Kemper's case I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

They've supported their hardware for way longer than most companies and are still delivering (free) new functionality. They don't play the obsolescence game. One of the reasons I don't use Pro Tools is the planned obsolescence of hardware. Want the cool new software version? Sorry, gotta buy the expensive, cool new hardware (oh, and good luck getting pennies on the dollar for your old stuff that we've now made obsolete). Kemper is more serious than most tech companies about not rushing releases out the door, preferring instead to take their time and get it right.

So, bad iPhone videos of editors? New cabinets and technologies in the works? Yawn. :sleeping:

The Kemper I have today is already awesome. At some point in the future, when they're solid and ready to rock, these products will be finished and ready for release. I'm saving up all my excitement for then. Conservation of energy and all that, you know. ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited once, last by Chris Duncan ().

• This is a common tactic in the software biz (often known as vaporware), a preemptive strike on the competition by saying, "Don't spend your money with other people - we have a better product coming just around the corner!" Because if they can keep you from committing your money to the competition today, there's a better chance that they can get it from you tomorrow. If you lock yourself into a different ecosystem, that becomes harder.

This is not the way we see things.

• A live vid from Marco Fenton (kemper profiler). The demoed says the software is version 6.0 ar 2:40 or so

Can any of our community that speak Italian translate what Marco is saying at the end of the vid?

https://www.facebook.com/marcofnt/videos/10213653837245829/

Hi from Italy.

Marco says that "you can choose the sim of the cab you prefer, there's a new cabinet section, and that there's the possibility to edit several parameters of this new cab section"

Alfredo

• So... it CAN be used with a non powered Kemper with an outboard amp

I also like the fact that they're talking about a future active version, which speaks to the needs of existing non-powered owners.

That means the feature will work with an existing powered FRFR IMHO.

That seems like a sensible conclusion. While there's no way to "guarantee" the tone unless they control the signal from amp to final speaker output, I'm guessing that any good quality FRFR will be "close enough for rock and roll."

You jazz guys are on your own. :)

• cags12 said:

I really wish these cabs will be available in Active version too. I've been waiting for this Cab for ages and I would be sad to not being able to use it as I have an un-powered Toaster.

You can use the Kemper cabs with an external solid state power amp. I plan on using one (or possibly two) with my non powered rack.

• You can use the Kemper cabs with an external solid state power amp.

Kemper provided a powered profiler not only for convenience but also so that they could offer something that met their standards for quality in representing the profiler's sound.

Another interesting product possibility would be for them to release a Kemper power amp, essentially what's already in the powered versions, as a stand alone unit. That would let unpowered Kemper owners use something like the upcoming passive Kemper cabs with a power amp that matched the Kemper specs.

Kinda surprised they haven't done that already. Perhaps there's not sufficient demand.

• I also like the fact that they're talking about a future active version, which speaks to the needs of existing non-powered owners.

That seems like a sensible conclusion. While there's no way to "guarantee" the tone unless they control the signal from amp to final speaker output, I'm guessing that any good quality FRFR will be "close enough for rock and roll."

You jazz guys are on your own. :)

Yes, an active speaker could be more than a year away, but I like the roadmap thoughts. I bet the DXR10 or my MBritt in pure FRFR mode will sound pretty damn good though.

TOYS!:D