NAMM 2019

• Coolest thing, the Kemper Celestion will be sold separately. :S

For a distributor like me a few thousand miles away from Germany it's tough to import the full cabinet because of the weight for shipping charges, just being able to buy the speakers and use the "Imprint" software is a huge win.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Outstanding interview! Reverbs to be released soon. Q3 for the cabinets release, plus we can purchase just the speakers. They are working on the editor! New screen layout for effects, so easier to find what we are after!

So much goodness !

• I cannot remember any guitar gear which I have purchased over decades which has so revolutionized my guitar experience like the Kemper. And what is so amazing is that years after my revolutionary purchase, the Kemper has consistently continued to be "revolutionized"--for free (well, not including the remote and now new cab). Thank you, Kemper team!

• While it probably gets less attention due to the editor and cabs, I really liked what I saw in the hardware UI on the new preset selection. It's the one area of the current model that seems like a lot of work to navigate. Very straightforward well designed.

yes me too. Ithink the editor looks great and the cab sounds interesting but for me the real star of the show is the harware UI preset management upgrade. That will instantly improve my workflow.

I hope all the boys and girls that have been asking for an editor are happy with what they are about to receive. Same goes for the speaker. I’ll take the harware personally. It really does look like 2019 is the year of something for everyone 8)

• So I can see from the Anderton's vid that the speaker select options are in the output settings, and that the cab module is bypassed. Personally I think that's great, as adjusting the speaker type won't affect your f.o.h. sound. I imagine merged profiles are going to be a lot more popular soon, hopefully all profiles will come with a merged version.

The only question now is, if we like the speaker sound more than the cab portion of the profile, are we going to have to start mic'ing the cab?:)

• The irony is we’re all evaluating the sound of a cab designed to produce the elusive “amp in a room” (which sounds good btw) by listening to the mic’d sound uploaded onto the internet.

• Very informative interview with CK. Sounds like there is some real Kemper voodoo in the Kemper Cone imprints and speaker. The Celestion does not appear to be a stock F12-X200, but a proprietary design for Kemper that may not in its stock form be a true FRFR type. It sounds like an imprint is necessary to make it behave as a FRFR as well as any number of other guitar drivers.

CK seemed to say that a lot of attention was paid to dispersion in the speaker, there are DSP tricks being done to control beaming. In all it sounds like Kemper put a LOT of engineering into this solution. Just another example of Kemper thinking outside the box and advancing the art of tone as a result.

It is such a thrill to be part of these advancements by being a Kemper owner and beta tester. Not only does the Kemper get far better effects and functionality as time goes on, I am still stunned every time I play it at how great it sounds.

Another thing; when I think of the cost of the Kemper, it turns out to be a bargain as we keep getting new functionality and effects. There is a growing list of external effects I do not have to buy as Kemper has given us better internal effects (enhanced reverbs, wahs, and it looks like I no longer need to buy a F12-X200 as Kemper is offering the Kemper Cone driver for sale).

• I wouldn't care about a speaker too fancy, remember complex stuff only works really well in a studio, playing live the variables change in the room every time people come in or leave, etc..

I'm just gonna get me some of the new Celestion f12-x200's and load up some cabs. If you can't make that work, stop playing guitar and pick up the tuba, haha...