NAMM 2019

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This video just got me PUMPED! I was trying to manage my expectations and not get involved in another speculative frenzy, but the proof I just saw has me going.

The thing I'm most excited about, of course the Editor, but it was the Kemper Cone, and the new 1x12. When CK started talking about the vintage speaker they found in an attic, the Oxford 12L6, and that they've now added it to what the Kemper 1x12 can do- that gives vintage amp cloners the one thing they could never replicate: the physical vintage speaker, and it's aged characteristics. This means we'll be able to mix and match our newly built heads, to vintage speakers that we'd never have access to otherwise. SOLD!

When the time comes, I'll be contributing a '65 Princeton Reverb clone head, a '57 Tweed Champ clone head, and a vintage '64 Gibson GA-5T. The vintage speaker is still in the Gibson, so I'm looking forward to profiling that speaker and moving it around to different heads.

Also, in the video, in the signal chain, there's a 3-D cube called Ionosphere. This does look exciting!

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Unless I missed it - I'm confused - I don't understand why they didn't even bother to ask an estimate on the release of the Kemper Editor or any other details. Of course release dates are fluid for software, but one can ask - and it looks already pretty usable at the moment.

• Very Very interesting stuff incoming!!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I like the statement that one can purchase the speaker separately. I have a great 1X12 that I can use. One thing that struck me on superficial level was that I have owned my Kemper for about 7 years now and my Kemper looks to have aged better than CK ;):D

• I like the statement that one can purchase the speaker separately. I have a great 1X12 that I can use. One thing that struck me on superficial level was that I have owned my Kemper for about 7 years now and my Kemper looks to have aged better than CK ;):D

And there it is... ladies and gentleman: the weirdest comment ever made on the Kemper forum.

• Unless I missed it - I'm confused - I don't understand why they didn't even bother to ask an estimate on the release of the Kemper Editor or any other details. Of course release dates are fluid for software, but one can ask - and it looks already pretty usable at the moment.

In this Anderton vid Christoph do not seem very enthusiastic about the whole idea with the editor..^^

If you want to ask someone who really can tell you when the editor will be ready..there is George..the developer..;)

Obviously CKs lovechild is the new cab.And I completely understand this.We talk about a game changer to the same degree like the profiler changed the direction of the whole modeller thing.

• I've been here since the forum was started and I would dispute that. It was a tongue in cheek. More about the longevity of my Kemper's usefulness over the past 6+ years while a whole bunch of other devices have faded into obsolescence.

• I haven't been using my Kemper much over the last year but I'm really pleased to see these updates and will definitely try and get back into it again.

I think HW alluded to being able to do things to the effects chain with the editor that the physical box doesn't allow. Has there been any info on the following?

- will the editor allow you to reorder the effects chain beyond what you are able to do currently?

- will it allow you to put more effects on than currently allowed?

- if yes to the above, will that mean that you can't really tweak on the kemper because it doesn't have the same layout?

It looks to me like some of the screen grabs have delays at the front and potentially more effects slots etc but I'm not really sure what is going on.

• Will the various Kone imprints work only with this specific Celestion speaker, or with any other speaker?

Too early to tell. I'd guess they may not sound the best using any driver than the Kemper Celestion, as the imprints were designed for it. However it will be fun to experiment, and since the cab is passive with only a speaker cable connecting it to the Kemper, the imprints will most likely be available to all users whether they have a Kemper cab or not (unless Kemper limits it to only a powered Kemper in software). I REALLY hope they don't do that...

• Curious to know if this new Kemper speaker is really just a rebranded Celestion F12-X200? We now know that both of these speakers are to be released in the near future... At the very least, I’m sure they were developed in conjunction with one another and putting the F12-X200 in a cab will work well with the Kemper Cone.

Well CK described it as a prototype at the beginning, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

Edited once, last by Rod Staples ().

• Was CK pissed again? (Pissed = drunk, not sure if that term is used internationally).

The big want for me and others was the preset management, so happy, works just as I thought it should, the editor is cool, it was getting closer to the top of my list but only because my eyes are declining and I’m starting to struggle with the small display.

The cabs wow! The option of purchasing the speaker very ?.

I was wondering how putting these speakers in a cab that was not tuned like the Kemper cab would effect the tone perceived by Kemper?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• And the word is, CK says " the software is done (7:25 on the Anderton vid)". Should be easy for them to go to beta with the new cab feature disabled until the hardware is ready.

• Wut?

I don't recall seeing anywhere that the editor does stuff that you can't do already and I can't believe that it will increase the number of effects slots.

And we've been able to put delay anywhere but the reverb slot for quite a while.

• Well CK described it as a prototype at the beginning, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Agreed, you just have to wait it out but they will deliver and the result will be stellar??, well at least that has been my previous experiences.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Well CK described it as a prototype at the beginning, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I guess my point is that the developer and CK are standing right there demoing a working piece of software (prototype usually refers to hardware so I'll take that as an ESL) - it's pretty easy to ask about a release date. They've been working on it over a year for sure since I asked CK last year about it at NAMM and he said they are working on it. And here is a working piece of software - pretty easy to ask: when do you expect it to be released by (or even a beta release). I'm not at NAMM this year but if anyone is still there please just ask the obvious question.

• Wut?

I don't recall seeing anywhere that the editor does stuff that you can't do already and I can't believe that it will increase the number of effects slots.

And we've been able to put delay anywhere but the reverb slot for quite a while.

I don't know what I'm talking about :(:D