NAMM 2019

• I wonder if its possible to create "FRFR-flatten-imprints" with the profiler for other FRFR solutions (like the one that is used to flatten the frequency response of the Kemper cab). Similar process to profiling an amp, put a mic in front of you FRFR and send a test signal through it. But I guess they wouldnt release that cause they want to sell the new Kemper cab (which is fine for me as Kemper developed the technology with a lot of effort).

• I think he was referring to the OS firmware, not the editor.

I agree.

Any to others about the lack of software release date roadmap, let me explain a couple things, then I'll leave it alone on the forum and just wait quietly like everyone else, playing with my kemper hardware happily:

1) professional software roadmaps are a lot more specific than many people on this forum like to say. i'm speaking from experience, both small company and large company (at one point i was the loudest analyst on wall street covering the internet sector in new york, including facebook)

2) even if the kemper roadmap isn't formal/solid as above, my point is that if you're doing an interview about the most requested thing in kemperland with the the ceo and the main product developer of the most requested product, you should probably ask about the timing of release

:saint:

• I wonder if its possible to create "FRFR-flatten-imprints" with the profiler for other FRFR solutions (like the one that is used to flatten the frequency response of the Kemper cab). Similar process to profiling an amp, put a mic in front of you FRFR and send a test signal through it.

It'd have to be done in an anechoic chamber using a reference-quality mic to be accurate. Could prove tricky for most users...

• new speaker imprint stuff looks very cool, I hope it works on a standard FRFR as well. Surely if the new speaker has to be compensated to make it FRFR, if you were using an FRFR the kpa could have a setting to compensate that to mimic the response of this new speaker allowing you to use these imprints on any FRFR?

• Fair point, Liam.

In this scenario, we'd ideally be able to select our brand and model as a baseline preference.

The only "issue" I can see with that is you'd miss out on the dispersion characteristics of the Kemper-Celestion driver, something that would be beyond our control, you'd think. It's a "minor" thing when compared to frequency response 'though IMHO.

• Thank you CK! Awesome stuff!

Owner since beginning of 2012 and the Profiler continues to add game changing capabilities!

I look forward to hearing more details on the Kone and Editor, but was wondering if anyone has heard any comments on when we might see the new preset management menu controls via the physical browse and preset knobs on the Profiler get implemented. (Not to be confused with editor software or computer controls)

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• The fact it can do frfr for music playback confirms that it is capable of frfr, although I'm sure not to the level of studio monitors. The DSP is all in the Kemper, the description so far matches everything that Celestion state for the F12-X200.

I'm liking what I'm hearing, I'm super keen on getting my hands on 1 or 2 of these speakers to throw in a cab, if reality can come close to the marketing claims, I'll be one happy camper.

All speculation on my part, we really need a true Kemper nerd at Namm to ask the right questions :)

As seen in the following response...

In the video, Christoph says that there is DSP at work to flatten the frequency response of the Kemper Kab when using it with normal profiles as we always have (ie Studio or Merged with Cabs engaged). However, when engaging the Monitor Cab Off option and using Kemper Cone, the DSP then switches to using the selected “speaker imprint”.

... It looks like the Kemper is doing a lot for the FRFR itself.

Then there is this: "Music that is fed into the Profiler through the Aux Input will also be played back in Full range Mode."

They have also indicated that this will be more of a guitar-oriented FRFR sound rather than true FRFR.

That tells me that DSP is being used separately for the tones and for the aux playback in terms of what is being fed to the speaker, rather than the speaker being miraculously changed to FRFR.

Even if it isn't FRFR the Kemper "understands" it's lack of flatness and compensates.

... It looks like the Kemper is doing a lot for the FRFR itself.

So thinking out loud here, Kemper took a certain designed speaker and then created a "FR FR" software algorithm inside the KPA to make that new speaker sound like different cabinets. Im I correct? I'm not trying to bash this, but isn't that what we have now using different profiles into an FR FR powered cab? Please set me straight here, and thanks. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• but isn't that what we have now using different profiles into an FR FR powered cab? Please set me straight here, and thanks. :)

yes I think it is, but with this cab or only the Speaker we have an reliable ground when we talk about "Too thin" "too much Bass" etc

cause many users will use the same hardware, means not diff FRFR Cabs must be taken in discussion,

we all talk about the same setup

its like an reference studio monitor

and I think when you buy this speaker, its the cheapest way to get a Cabinet solution for the Kemper

• So thinking out loud here, Kemper took a certain designed speaker and then created a "FR FR" software algorithm inside the KPA to make that new speaker sound like different cabinets. Im I correct? I'm not trying to bash this, but isn't that what we have now using different profiles into an FR FR powered cab? Please set me straight here, and thanks. :)

I think the difference is that FRFR systems do not have a completely linear frequency response. This is corrected by some algorithm inside the Profiler for the new Kemper cab. CK said it makes it "ultra linear".

and I think when you buy this speaker, its the cheapest way to get a Cabinet solution for the Kemper

My KPA is not powered, so when I heard that they were thinking of a "powered" cabinet later it got my attention. I am hoping that the "same" power amp in the KPA is what is used in this new cabinet, so that when comparisons on tone are made in front of this new cab, it then can be made accurately I.E. using the same equipment. Interesting for sure!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Unless I missed it - I'm confused - I don't understand why they didn't even bother to ask an estimate on the release of the Kemper Editor or any other details. Of course release dates are fluid for software, but one can ask - and it looks already pretty usable at the moment.

Well CK described it as a prototype at the beginning, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rod Staples You incorrectly attributed that quote to me.

Sorry, I did. Corrected now.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• They're talking about the new Celestion F12-200X

I don't agree that it will make Kemper's obsolete, but that guy says "...tested one now for several weeks now..." "Feels like a real guitar speaker with all the musical feedback you’d expect..."

So if Kemper have worked with Celestion on their speaker, then the Kemper cab should be even better.

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…2453/page-2#post-27879649

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I stopped by the Kemper booth at NAMM and checked out the editor. As a guy who uses ToastME and really appreciates the hard work that has gone into it... the official editor is incredibly intuitive, quick and integrates itself with the rig manager software. The morphing capabilities, that drag and dropping of presets and quick rearrangements within the UI for the signal chain makes it very useful. The editor will be still be called ‘Rig Manager’ and it will be version 3.0.

• I stopped by the Kenper booth at NAMM and checked out the editor. As a guy who uses ToastME and really appreciates the hard work that has gone into it... the official editor is incredibly intuitive, quick and integrates itself with the rig manager software. The morphing capabilities, that drag and dropping of presets and quick rearrangements within the UI for the signal chain makes it very useful. The editor will be still be called ‘Rig Manager’ and it will be version 3.0.

Thx for the info. Bite in their ears and asked for a releasedate please

• I think the key is for Kemper to have a standard speaker cab so that they can compensate digitally from a known point.

Even if it isn't FRFR the Kemper "understands" it's lack of flatness and compensates.

This would be an absolutely amazing innovation!!!

• I also asked about an iOS app, he said no plans, but it makes sense to develop one.

This. I use an iPad in every rehearsal / nearly every gig. Currently I avoid tweaking during rehearsal due to lazyness. My KPA sits in a rack on the floor and it's just not comfortable to use all the knobs and the display when it's on the floor. Having an iOS app on the sheet holder would be great! I wait for USB-WiFi support in the KPA to use the App wirelessly! :)