NAMM 2019

• Correct Peter, and that's exactly what I'm saying, mate.

You quoted my description of "full-range". The "flat-response" sentence that followed this described the response part.

I stand by what I said to CK; a generic descriptor is necessary 'cause every man and his dog can claim full-range, whereas only a few can deliver something near flat-response measurements.

• C'mon CK, I love you brother, but "full-range" describes the bandwidth and has nothing to do with the response.

"Flat-response", whilst there's wiggle room due to its being a practical impossibility (without DSP correction), is at least a basic differentiator between something that responds at any given frequency and something else that does so faithfully / accurately.

A terrible response is still a response; a generic descriptor is necessary IMHO.

yeah strange hey, the terminology, doesn’t like to use the FRFR word, it really doesn’t clear things up at all, just adds to the confusion at this stage, maybe it has a few dips and peaks across the spectrum and he’s not comfortable using the term?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• FRFR speakers tend to have a fairly wide dispersion due to their design, Mr. Kemper brought up the "beaminess" of the Kemper speaker a couple of times, so I'm guessing that the Kemper speaker, though essentially full range, was tweaked to behave more like a guitar speaker and less like a typical FRFR speaker.

Either way, this is all just another "Hey, let's all run this for 200 pages speculating and arguing about something that doesn't even exist in the wild yet" thread, so we're all just throwing out ideas to keep ourselves entertained until the cabs hit the market.

+1

Who would have thought that the joy of the new reverbs would pass that quickly :p haha

• No matter how it is called (:)) it seemed to me, that is just for monitor use or people using a CAB via monitor output with micro to FOH.

I can wait for this - even it will be available with built in Amp. ;)

The editor will become very great.

• No matter how it is called (:)) it seemed to me, that is just for monitor use or people using a CAB via monitor output with micro to FOH.

I can wait for this - even it will be available with built in Amp. ;)

The editor will become very great.

Me too:)

My monitor out goes to an active rcf 10 sma. To expensive to change. Hope the function works with the rcf too.

Mostly welcome is the editor, the revs and the new preset management for me. Editor and presetmanagement is a little late but it shows that the kpa is build like a tank. I scrolled miles and miles with the browes knob and it’s still working, but that pain is history after release.

Thank you kemper team to have an ear for your customers!!

• If someone comes to me and asks "should I get involved in the guitar gear import/distribution/sales business", I'd point them to this thread and say read this and then make your decision. :)

All the guitar scientists!

Who invented the Access Virus Synth and the Kemper Profiler, Christophe Kemper or guitarists on the internet?

• I don't think the Kemper Kone has a role in FOH unless it's a small room and you're not going through a PA. In that case it is the FOH.

I see the Kone useful as onstage monitoring or for jamming/practices. The FOH will always get the main outputs with the Cab sim included for me.

A great trick is to send the Main Outs to the FOH plus Kemper poweramp to cab, mic a cab then blend with the Main Outs.

That's what live engineer Martin Walker is doing on the Judas Priest world tour where Andy Sneap is using two Kempers.
    "I’m miking Andy as well to get something a little warmer,” says Walker. “The Kempers sound okay, but to me they sound a little brittle when you just use the DI, so he’s leaking some sound into another cab. If Andy had the choice, he would just use two DIs, but I’m just trying to bolster him a bit."

• Hi Ingolf, means monitor out to the new cab and direct out to the rcf, stereousing?

Yes, exactly. This way you get a true FRFR signal via the RCF and at the same time the glorious guitar cab sound that we've come to love for decades. ;)

Don't use stereo monitor out btw because you want cab off for the Kemper cone and cab on for the direct out.

• I think there are some concept mixes here.

People that has FRFR systems and are happy with them don't have the need of the Kemper Kone or Kemper Kabinet.

I think it's a product or system to fill the need of people like me that like to have an actual guitar cab but loose the "complete" experience that the Kemper offers by just having all the time the same speakers, so all profiles sound too similar. This of course has nothing to do with FOH, but the personal experience in front of the amp.

With the Kemper Kone I can have my guitar 4x12 and make it sound with different speaker imprints, getting more of the DSP of the Kemper without having to go the FRFR route.

I do like to have my 4x12. I'm a rock guitar player and I think that rock and roll is 25% music and 75% attitude and looks. I have nothing against combos, 2x12 cabs or whatever. But too many FRFR cabs just look bad.

I have said this before. For me it's not all about it being linear, perfect or just exactly the same as the original amp, speaker and cabinet. For me it's all about sounding GOOD.

And to be honest, we won't know if this sounds good or not until we try it ourselves. So...let's just wait.

• Yes, exactly. This way you get a true FRFR signal via the RCF and at the same time the glorious guitar cab sound that we've come to love for decades. ;)

Don't use stereo monitor out btw because you want cab off for the Kemper cone and cab on for the direct out.

Sounds cool.....,

• Where did I read the Kemper said it was NOT a coaxial speaker? If that is true, then it's not based on the Celestion F12-X200, but more likely something like the Celestion K12H-200TC.

You could be right about the K12H but even that is a coaxial speaker though. It doesn’t have a compression driver in the middle but it does have a secondary cone mounted coaxially (if thats even a word)

• I think it is coaxial. Because there is a directivity parameter. The only way i can imagine to change the directivity of the speaker would be modifing the crossover freq between center cab tweeter and the cone.

Maybe i am wrong..because it is difficult to tell the cab how to behave through a powered audio signal.

• It is pretty simple folks..

This one (new cab) is all about rocknroll and I like it.They even demo it like this with the two Demo-Players for the Anderton and premier guitar...justy chugging and drop D..^^

Yes.One FRFR(down in front to my feet)...oops ..sorry I meant "full range"(I will call it like this..just because @CK says so..;)) and one of these new cabs behind me.This will be glorious.

PS

For real fun the above .but add one more KPA.Oh baby..

• You make me nervous about a second kpa mate.....;)