Kemper 2 way footswitch and looper

• hi guys,

I'm using a midi moose to control my kemper at the moment with a Dunlop dvp3 for wah or pitch.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a separate looper for practising and general messing but I don't want to spend £££ on the kemper remote to use the kemper looper.

Can the the kemper 2 way switch pedal turn the looper on and off ? And is the looper actually any good ?

Or should I just buy a digitech trio or jam man or something instead ?

Thanks Steve.

• I use the looper with my midi footcontroller and it works really well but I don't think the Kemper two button switch will do anything for the looper.

I've recently started using a Ditto Jam looper pedal as it can sync with a real drummer. It's a good looper but If it wasn't for the sync feature, I'd have stayed using the KPA looper.

Edited once, last by chu ().

• ok thanks.

Has the kemper looper got overdub?

I see the ditto jam £115.

That's reasonable. Do you put it in line, or in the loop.

I would imagine I may be able to turn on the loop with my midi moose also thou.

I read somewhere that you only need 2 momentary switches to turn the looper on and off. Hence why I though the kemper 2 switch stompbox might do it.

Steve.

• you can use the basic looper functions with analog switches but you will not see any graphical representation of the looper in the PROFILER display. The Looper graphics only show up on the Remote display.

• it's a bit of a conundrum.

£400 to use the kemper looper.

When I could just buy a ditto instead for 120.

Or a could get the profiler dual foot switch and have limited use for 50 quid.

Ditto = 5 mins loop time.

Profiler= 30 seconds

I'm imagining if you put a looper in pre rig you can play a riff and use the loop to tweak your sound settings on the fly.

I've got gear to flog if needs be to finance the remote but I don't know that it would be worth the hassle.

• You can get the looper working even with the FCB1010 controller (with the Eureka chip).

It is still greyed out on the Kemper screen but if you enable it, it works.

So I think any MIDI controller that sends the right commands should work.

• thank for the reply.

I've ordered the stomp pedal to try. I know it only gives you on and off for the looper but I will give it a try.

I'd rather do that and try it, than fork out £400 on the remote and not like it.

I'm tempted to get a ditto looper and a mum is failing that.