Slots within Performances messed up after re-ordering using Rig Manager

• Hi there

I am into serious trouble since I tried re-ordering my slots within various performances using the Rig Manager (Mac OS version 2.1.41). The symptoms are:

* Name of slots got mixed up with the actual sound settings (e.g. I choose Sound A by name, but it is sound C)

* Rig Manager sometimes shows a different Amp name than the KPA itself --> thus it is really confusing/impossible to tell whether you are moving/copying the right setting (this already happened to me in previous versions)

Please help - what can I do to avoid this in the future (I had to delete all slots within my performances on the KPA and use an outdated backup from Rig Manager) =O

... now I am trying to restore the slot settings that I did not backup yet...

• Unfortunately RM is buggy as hell as documented in multiple threads when you deal with performances. So you only have two options in the future:

1. Make a backup just before trying to make any performance changes in RM.

2. Don't use RM for performance changes.

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Not sure if this is relevant to what happened to you, but, I have noticed that when I do anything in RM, I have to be sure to wait several seconds for it to communicate with the Kemper. And that is especially true if I am favoriting, deleting, or moving multiple profiles or performances. There is a "progress indicator" of some sort at the bottom of the screen when doing this, so be sure to wait for everything to ... do whatever it does before you do anything else.

I find RM useful for re-ordering performances, but would strongly recommend reordering the slots in a performance directly on the Kemper.

I've had several snafus with RM, but have learned that if you treat it with kid gloves (that is, go slow, do one thing at a time, hit save more often than you think you should), then it works pretty well, and certainly easier that working directly in the Kemper in most cases.

Sucks that that happened to you, but just think, you get make even better performances (silver lining?).

Be Thankful.

• Well I'll get over it. But this still sucks!

I am disappointed in the software quality of RM... for me this sounds like a major if not even critical bug (I am a SW developer myself).

Anyway, I hope the guys at Kemper are able to fix this issue soon and make a seamless synchronisation of all manipulations between KPA and RM possible :)

• hit save more often than you think you should

This is still a mystery to me. Just re-watched the official RM tutorial video, and it doesn't make any mention of saving being necessary. Actually I think it can hurt more than it helps since RM seem to auto-save performance changes on the profiler. And if you save seperately on the profiler before things are synched then it could be random what happens.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I think this might be a bug. I had the same issue last week when trying to set up over 50 performances for a covers gig. Some of the slots got out of sync when reordering them and NOTHING O did would fix it. I tried rearranging them on the KPA, i tried on RM, I tried deleting slots and recrestting but nothing worked. Then I finally though I had lucked out and gor them in the right order. I saved it. Everything seemed fine. Went to the gig. Hit my big solo sound and got the quiet i tro sound on that button =O. This happened for all of the rigs that I’d been having an issue with at the home.

Hopefully then new version of RM with new preset management will make this a thing of the past. Just need to wait for it to arrive though X/

• I agree this needs attention. Often times dragging rigs in performances doesn’t ‘stick’ and confuses the crap out of me. It will move the named rig, but the actual rig stays where it was. It’s very bad!