Calibrating an Expression Pedal Connected via Midi

• Hi

It seems that it is impossible for me to Calibrate an expression pedal (Boss Volume) that is connected through a third party midi controller (Voodoo Labs Ground Control). The pedal I am using is only sweeping 0~102 instead of 0~127 (this is the pedal's fault, not the Kemper).

On previous equipment I've used (TC Electronic G Force) I have been able to calibrate both heel and toe position as well as adjusting the curve of the sweep. I could also set a minimum and a maximum value, eg; if I wanted to move between 10% delay mix at heel and 50% delay mix at toe.

Although it is obviously possible for me to connect an expression pedal through my Ground control, (which is my preferred method as it means I only need 1 cable (midi) running from my rack) it seems I'm only able to get less than optimal functionality using this method where as other units (G Force) can make this method work 100%.

I'm using a Boss Volume pedal, I understand this isn't recommended and would never be a preferred option, but it does work fine with other gear/software.

One benefit to running a pedal via midi rather than through the pedal inputs is that I control a lot more parameters, ie; gain, delay mix and others that currently aren't possible through the Kemper pedal inputs without morphing, I'm just not getting the accuracy or control that I would like.

Otherwise, loving the Kemper, it's literally magic in a box!

• I appreciate an expression pedal would be better, but I still wouldn't be able to set heel or toe values within the Kemper, ie delay mix on 1 rig between say 0% and 50 %, and then gain on the next at 20% and 70%, it would either be locked in the pedals settings or full range the whole time. I will soon get a Dunlop expression pedal, $200 in Australia, not exactly giving them away, but I'd probably want to continue using the volume pedal as a dedicated wah. Just hoping to get a bit more functionality out of the gear I'm currently using which seems to only be inhibited by software limitations at the moment

• I appreciate an expression pedal would be better, but I still wouldn't be able to set heel or toe values within the Kemper, ie delay mix on 1 rig between say 0% and 50 %, and then gain on the next at 20% and 70%, it would either be locked in the pedals settings or full range the whole time. I will soon get a Dunlop expression pedal, $200 in Australia, not exactly giving them away, but I'd probably want to continue using the volume pedal as a dedicated wah. Just hoping to get a bit more functionality out of the gear I'm currently using which seems to only be inhibited by software limitations at the moment

you can set individual ranges for each rig if you control parameters with the morph function