Need some help with harmony settings

• Hi Guys,

The one thing I still struggle with on the Kemper is dialing in the right settings for harmonized guitars. Hoping someone can help me out with this one, which I'm sure is about as easy as it gets.

One of my cover bands plays "Your Love" from The Outfield (link below). In the middle of that tune (at 1:35 in the link below), there is a very short section of harmonized guitars (just two parts). The original song key is E major. And the chords where this harmonized guitar kicks in just goes back and forth from G to A. However, my band is playing it 3 steps lower; we tune down 1/2 step, and then start the song in the D position, which I guess would technically make it in the key of C# major. So when we get around to that harmony part, I'm just going back and forth between F and G (or E and F# if you need the actual key we're in factoring in the 1/2 step down).

My question is, if I want to play those harmonized guitar parts, what settings should I be dialing in? In the past, I've just played the single high notes/melody, but I want to fill it up since I'm the only guitarist in the band. I've tried a bunch and not all notes sound right. Again, a key part of this is that we play the song 3 steps lower than the original. Any help would be appreciated!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.