Hotel California Solo settings?

• So, had a bit of a setback trying to learn the solo..... spent last night and this morning in hospital with at least three fractured ribs from judo!

Makes playing the guitar somewhat uncomfortable, that's for sure.

Wheres your commitment man? You could have had the Kemper, a guitar and a pair of headphones in hospital and kept practicing while you waited to be seen 8o

Seriously though, sorry to hear than and hope you’re OK.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• You could also play the song late into the party. If the celebrating crowd has enough alcohol by that time, you can probably wow them just doing power chords over the theme ^^

Hey! Don't be giving away all my professional tricks! ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• It’s amazing what you can get away with live. Years ago I was in a band and the singer would go crazy if we made any tiny mistakes. It drove me and the other guitarist nuts! So the two of us had a quick chat mid-gig and came up with a plan. The next song in the set was “Fight for your right to party” by the Beastie Boys. A nice simple song that most of the audience would know. What did we do? I played it in A and he simultaneously played it in Ab. It sounded horrendous! And the audience all sang along and at the end we got a huge cheer and applause. Ever since I’ve had no worries about the occasional wrong note!

• Ever since I’ve had no worries about the occasional wrong note!

See, I honestly think that it is 'as intended'.

When I go to a concert, I am not going there to judge the technical perfection of the musicians. For the most part, I heard them on recordings / videos tons of times. I want to go there to re-experience some feelings or (at my age) some life stage that I had before and loved. So if the band (or even cover band) is not perfect, I just don't care.

Just make it loud enough and play it with a heart and 99.9% of the people will love it. The older I get the more convinced I am that it is the imperfections that make music (and us humans in general) really meaningful.