Dimed vibrolux, a la Roy Buchanan?

• Does anybody know a good totally cranked silver face vibrolux profile? I was watching Roy Buchanan's 76 performance on ACL, and the tone is out of this world. You can see a vibrolux in the video, and the consensus on the tele boards is that the only thing between Nancy and the amp was a cable. Of course 90% of the tone is in his fingers, but if I could get 10% I would probably be happy.

I downloaded the Tone Junkie vibrolux pack, and it is amazing, but much cleaner than Roy's tone. In the comments on the pack I think the highest gain profile looks like they had the volume at 5.5. I've read that Roy had all the knobs dimed (some reports say he had the bass all they down, which is also believable). Any ideas?

I'm new to this, not just the Kemper, but guitar in general, so excuse me if my questions are noob-ish. My mid-lfe crisis was resolved with a Kemper and a K-Line Truxton.

Chad

Edited once, last by CMHAudio ().

• The main Tone is a Killer Tele, you will need a good one. With a Fenderish Amp and Cabinet and probably a Tube screamer you might get the tone.

Roy is one of my favourites, you recognize him easily. The result of my research was that he took a Fender Amp and cranked it up to 10 or 12.

My favourite Roy tone is the 74 In The Beginning or Rescue Me Album (had different names). The late ones had 80's Marshall tone with Roy's finger sound.

zuviel thread macht blead

• I think at one of the YT Videos he placed the Amp in reverse direction...it seems the only way to achieve this distorted sound and for the rest of the blues band to hear a bit of themselves on stage

zuviel thread macht blead

• Here is that 32:54 Austin City Limits Show :

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for the link paults . I was posting from my phone on my lunch break, so I wasn't easily able to copy it. You can clearly see the amp at 19:40. Silverface for sure. He is plugged into the vibrato channel, but you can't see the knobs in the broadcast quality recording. I'm no fender amp expert, but it looks about the right size and shape as a vibrolux.

As I said, I'm new to the game. Do you think this (general) sound could be had with any fender amp fully cranked? Any good profile suggestions? My guitar has lollar pickups (vintage T neck and special T bridge) in a very light ash body. The special has way too much bass to sound like Nancy, but I think the neck begins to hint at the sound.

After further listening, perhaps the tone is 99% technique. I'll keep practicing.

• As far as other Fenders go, I profiled a blackface Deluxe turned up to 7. It is on the Rig Exchange. If you try it, play loud enough for it to feel like an amp. If it has too much gain with your guitar wide open, turn the gain down a bit.

Cool! I'll check it out. Thanks.

Unfortunately, one of the reasons for my choosing a Kemper was that I really don't have room in my life right now for tube amp 'feel'. I get most of my playing in before 6am, while the rest of the family is asleep. I am a headphones guy.

• Great profile paults ! Perfect bluesey bite when you dig in and cleans up to a spanky fender clean with softer attack or by rolling the volume down a bit. I don't currently have the beta installed, bit I might try it to put a bit of spring in there, as you suggested. Would you put it in front or behind the amp block? Thanks!