For live performance: HEAD or POWERHEAD?

• Also, if you are one of the young and strong ones, you can always just carry and put more (heavy) cabs in series and increase the impedance.

Hopefully the gig pays enough to be able to afford the hernia surgery afterwards :P

• With the powered Kemper are you able to run two active speakers if you turn off the power amp? I like the idea of running two DXR10's in stereo for monitoring but I have the powered version. Probably a pretty risky thing to do even if it were to work I'd guess. I know you could do it using the XLR outs but say they were going direct to the desk.

Edited once, last by caldo777 ().

• With the powered Kemper are you able to run two active speakers if you turn off the power amp?

Yes. Everything you can do with the non-powered, you can also do with the powered. (Don't even have to turn off the power amp.)

Also, there are both XLR and 1/4 main stereo outputs so you could send the XLR to the mixer and use the 1/4 for a pair of powered monitors to hear yourself stereo. You would need to adjust volume of the monitors on the speakers naturally.

Check the manual for output configuration, you may be able to use the Monitor and DI out as well - not sure about the stereo though.

• Yes. Everything you can do with the non-powered, you can also do with the powered. (Don't even have to turn off the power amp.)

Also, there are both XLR and 1/4 main stereo outputs so you could send the XLR to the mixer and use the 1/4 for a pair of powered monitors to hear yourself stereo. You would need to adjust volume of the monitors on the speakers naturally.

Check the manual for output configuration, you may be able to use the Monitor and DI out as well - not sure about the stereo though.

Thanks.

Looks like "Monitor out" and "Direct out" can be set up as a stereo pair so that would probably be the most logical solution to run a pair of powered speakers.

From the manual:

"If you select the option “Monitor Stereo”, MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT become one logical pair of stereo outputs. Functions like Monitor Output Source, Monitor Output Volume, Monitor Volume Pedal, Monitor Output Link, Monitor Cab. Off, Monitor Output EQ, and Aux In > Monitor are applied to both outputs automatically."

• Were you using a powered Kemper? How did you hook them up if you were?

Ignore the powered bit it makes no difference in this config BTW as you don;t use it for running powers cabs.

There are multiple outputs to use...

As I don't need stereo on stage ( I assume you intend running stereo FOH - otherwise little point), I use the powered to drive an unpowered FRFR monitor....lighter, cheaper and less complex - although the DXR10;s are excellent. Added advantage for me is to control the volume from the KPA not the monitor...