How to connect an Apollo Twin Solo FW with a Kemper while using the headphone output from the KPA

• Dear friends from the forum,

I'm a beginner with my KPA, and I wonder if you can help me with the following situation.

I have a Kemper and an Apollo twin solo FW interface connected to an iMac.

I need to play with headphones (because of usual constraints) and I have discovered that the headphone output from the KPA is great with the space function and therefore much better than the headphone output from the Apollo Twin (which don't have the same space function). I also want to be able to hear sound and music from my Mac through the headphone output of the Kemper when I'm jamming or learning stuff over Youtube. And finally, I want to be able to record the mix of my guitar and backing tracks in my DAW (garage band).

I hope I'm clear.

So my question is how should I connect the Kemper, the Apollo interface and my iMac to be able to do what I have described above ?

Thank you so much in advance for your kind help.

Jérôme

• Kemper to Apollo input

apollo to the iMac with usb or tb whatever your unit has

the monitor outs from apollo to the aux in of your spa

then you can dial in all tracks from your apollo into the Kemper Headphone

via the aux in level

• As digbob said, that is how you would connect it and it will work perfectly if you want to use the Kemper headphone out.

However, there is another option with fewer cables and less hassle. Go to the output menu and send space to main output rather than headphones only.

There are some caveats to this though:

You stated that the KPA sounds better than the UA because of the space effect. This may be the case (in which case space to main outs should be perfect) but it may also be tat the Headphone amp in the KPA is actually better than the UA one in which case digbob's solution will be better.

If you want to record the main outs as well as monitor them you will end up recording the space effect. Although you could record from the monitor out without space.

As with most things in the Kemper, there are many ways to skin the cat.

• Thanks very much for your help.

I have tested both options and they sound pretty good to me.

I must say I like @Wheresthehug option as I can use the control knob of my UAD Apollo in this case.