Power conditioner

• Was just about to go and buy a powered rack Kemper to run through 2 Marshall 2x12 v30 cabs. Hear a lot of talk about power conditioners. Is this something i should be thinking about buying just for piece of mind in protecting the Kemper. It’s alot of money when something goes bang. Was looking at a Furman as you can get them for around £100

• Interested in other views here but my view...

Its no different to another electrical equipment - its not particularity sensitive. Plus power conditioners generally offer surge protection as well as power conditioning.Its the surge protection that will stop anything blowing and for that alone if you have a rack space I would go for it. I use mine also because it has multiple euro sockets so it reduces plugs needed.

I think power conditioning ( real coditioners) are more expensive than the furman you talk about, although I might be wrong..

• just to add two cents: furman power conditioner protects from surges and provides plug strip, while furman power regulator provides a solid and constant 230 (besides the plug strips. The first mentioned has the famous two light bulbs that can be pulled out, while the other has not them.

I own the furman power regulator, used mainly for mesa boogie power amp to supply the tubes with a nice fixed voltage. Read in the past that the team said the kemper is able to handle several voltage fluctuations due to its wide valtage range.

hope this helps

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• indeed! unless someone is playing in the jungle, the voltage in EU nations is quite stable +- 2 v

nothing the kemper cannot handle by himself

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I use the standard Furman with the lights on it just out of caution. I don't think it's necessary but I already had it for my tube amp. You can find them pretty cheap regardless if you decide to do so.