Dunlop expression pedal help

• Looking to get myself a expression pedal... And have been looking at the dunlop dvp3. I understand I need to use trs cable(s) to connect it, but is it possible for one expression pedal to control volume, pitch and morph. I am keeping my current wah (a jp wah, I love it) so don't need the wah function.

I've watched the tutorial, and it mentions you can set one up to do volume wah and pitch and have morph functions on the remote. But in that video they were using a mission pedal so I'm not sure if the dunlop can do this.

I don't want to have to get a second expression, but it would be nice to have control over the morph via the pedal as well.

If the dunlop is suitable, and I can set the kemper to control volume, pitch and morph with it, brilliant, just need to know if it can be done? Cheers.

• I use two pedals because for me it's less headache, and I dont have to worry about what is what meaning that one is "always dedicated to volume, the other is set to wah". Then I turn the individual stomps on via the remote switches and they are set in a "per-patch" setup. Ive not used a dunlop pedal so can't comment on that, but Mission pedals work great and thats probably why the videos show them using it.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• The Dunlop will work just as well (probably better) than the Mission for your neds due to the longer travel. It desn’t have the extra switch under the toe but you don’t really need that and you can add a separate extrnal switch of you ever want.

As for controlling Volume and Morph from the same pedal. Theoretically NO. It states in the manual (and Burkhard has often confirmed) that this is not possible by design as having morph and volume on the same pedal could create “logical conflicts”.

However, there is a simple workaround that will should you do what you want (particularly as you don’t need Wah from the KPA). Selctect Wah>Pitch and Wah>Morph. Your Wah pedal will now control Wah, Pitch and Morph. Unfortunately, you want to control Volume. Kemper make this possible by puttIng the Wah Booster pedal in on of the Stomp or FX slots and locking this for all your rigs or performances. Judging by the number of times volume pedal queries come up it appears Kemper sort of shot themselves in the foot with naming of this feature. Most people don’t know it exists because it is counter intuitive to think of volume as a wah effect.

It won’t be perfect though as the volume will only work when the Wah Booseter is turned on. If you want it for swell effects that’s probably fine but if you want it as a main ral time volume comtrol you really need a separate volume pedal.

• FYI and as always its a users choice, but I find that the longer travel "bothers" me for the wah, and that the Mission pedal feels just right. As for the volume I set it and forget it. It's what you get used to I guess. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Ok, so I've bought the dunlop pedal. Connected it up to the remote (using a truss patch cable) from the exp jack to pedal 5 on the remote.

In system I set pedal 5 to be volume, and that all works fine. Now how do I get it to work with the other functions. I want...for instance

Patch 1 - normal gain - with volume

Patch 2 - Normal gain - whammy effect via exp pedal.

How do I do this, and what settings do I need to do, both in the system/rig menus and actually implementing the fx.

Have I even got the thing connected up correctly.....?

• There is way too much to type here so check out the video tutorials

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That should get you started.

Also check out pages 88 - 103 of the main manual.

If you still have any questions let us know.