Dunlop expression pedal help

• Looking to get myself a expression pedal... And have been looking at the dunlop dvp3. I understand I need to use trs cable(s) to connect it, but is it possible for one expression pedal to control volume, pitch and morph. I am keeping my current wah (a jp wah, I love it) so don't need the wah function.

I've watched the tutorial, and it mentions you can set one up to do volume wah and pitch and have morph functions on the remote. But in that video they were using a mission pedal so I'm not sure if the dunlop can do this.

I don't want to have to get a second expression, but it would be nice to have control over the morph via the pedal as well.

If the dunlop is suitable, and I can set the kemper to control volume, pitch and morph with it, brilliant, just need to know if it can be done? Cheers.

• All expression pedals have the same functionality as far as the Kemper is concerned. The real difference between the Mission and most others is that the Mission has significantly less travel on the pedal. This makes it a poor choice for any subtle volume or morphing use but does make it feel exactly like a Dunlop Crybaby for using as a wah. Lots of people like that.

For a single expression pedal setup I would tale the Dunlop pver the Mission everytime.

The mission also has an on off toe switch which is connected with a second cable. It’s quite a nice feature to have but isn’t essential as you can achieve similar results in other ways (including connecting a stand alone switch.

• Yea..i was dissapointed when i knew it is impossible to configure freely the use for expression pedal. I complained, but there is some sort of logical software problem between morph and volume pedal, you cant use both wity only one pedal, and the pedal configuration is global for rigs inter compatibility, if i remember well..you have to chose between volume pedal+pitch+wah or morph+pitch+wah.

I want to use all depending the rig..most of the time volume pedal controling pre volume(gain) and for specific performances i would use a wah or pitch. I can live with button morphing, i use it a lot. But i could use morph as a weird extreme FX wah when you control rare parameters inside ring modulator for example..

• They told me to morph a slot loop mix level, but the pedal taper response was wrong this way. I didnt find any other parameter in any FX slot to cheat kemper and have a morphed pre volume. I we had more pedal taper settings maybe...it is requested

• They told me to morph a slot loop mix level, but the pedal taper response was wrong this way. I didnt find any other parameter in any FX slot to cheat kemper and have a morphed pre volume. I we had more pedal taper settings maybe...it is requested

you can insert the Wah volume in one of the Stomp slots and cntrol that by Morphing. It is the same volume fnction and taper as the normal volume function but placed in a pedal effect to allow comtrol via morphing.

• you can insert the Wah volume in one of the Stomp slots and cntrol that by Morphing. It is the same volume fnction and taper as the normal volume function but placed in a pedal effect to allow comtrol via morphing.

I only see +-5 volume in all stomps including wahs. Have you tried? Only sending to a dead end unplugged loop I could simulate a volume with morphing, I don't know why but the feeling of the pedal, the taper, was very different, worse. Unusable for me, not pleasant to play for delicate swells and gain control.

• Ah... So no then. I have to choose, either get a second pedal or use rig buttons for morph.

Like I said... I'm going to be using my normal wah in front of the kemper anyway. So I'll get a dunlop and use it for volume and pitch, and have morph on a rig button... Given how much I'll probably actually use the morph function, it's not worth getting a second pedal for it.

I'll make do with volume and pitch... Probably the 2 I'd use the most anyway... Even pitch not that often I can imagine.

• I only see +-5 volume in all stomps including wahs. Have you tried? Only sending to a dead end unplugged loop I could simulate a volume with morphing, I don't know why but the feeling of the pedal, the taper, was very different, worse. Unusable for me, not pleasant to play for delicate swells and gain control.

Yes, I've tried it. It works perfectly for me.

It’s actually called Wah Pedal Booster and is part of the Booster stomps category. It is literally the normal volume control but just assigned to the Wah Pedal function.

• Ah... So no then. I have to choose, either get a second pedal or use rig buttons for morph.

Like I said... I'm going to be using my normal wah in front of the kemper anyway. So I'll get a dunlop and use it for volume and pitch, and have morph on a rig button... Given how much I'll probably actually use the morph function, it's not worth getting a second pedal for it.

I'll make do with volume and pitch... Probably the 2 I'd use the most anyway... Even pitch not that often I can imagine.

Exactly how I have it. I only sacrifice having weird expression morphings. But maybe there is a way to have it all...

Yes, I've tried it. It works perfectly for me.

It’s actually called Wah Pedal Booster and is part of the Booster stomps category. It is literally the normal volume control but just assigned to the Wah Pedal function.

What parameter do you morph on wah pedal booster? Pedal range?or the +-5volume..i didn,t noticed this stomp. I dont have my pedals right now..but i will try..

I had a converstation in feature request and trouble forum with some higher level kemperite (dont know if official kemper employee) and he didn't tellme this wah to volume converter.

From the manual: "With the Wah Pedal Booster, you can use the Wah Pedal to control the volume."..

Very weird aproach ..one slot for being able to have morph, volume, wah, and pitch on the same pedal. And it is called wah pedal booster...english is my 3rd language..but it is superior to my understanding.:D

• Voider777 I don't actually use it ;) In fact I don't use ANY volume pedal. I would actually love to be able to assign the volume pedal and pitch pedal (never use it either) to something else much more useful (like delay mix as just one example) but that isn't an option at the moment.

The only reason I know it works is because so many other people asked about it and said it couldn't be done. In one of the threads Burkhard said to use Wah Pedal Booster like it was the most obvious thing in the world ^^. Just like you I thought WTF?????? What has a Wah Pedal OR a Booster got to do with controlling my volume???? ?(

Like many things in the Kemper world though it actually works brilliantly even if the logic and naming is a bit weird. The team at Kemper are certainly prepared to think outside the box when necessary :)

You don't "morph"anything. That is the secret. The Wah pedal (not morph or volume) controls the boost/cut in volume. There is nothing to map as there are literally only two controls and only one of them is controlled by the wah pedal. The first is volume which is the overall level like any other effect. The other is pedal range which is -100% to +100%. I just tried it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming and it definitely does work.:P

Yes, it's counter intuitive to think of a Wah as a volume but that is the work around for the fact that Volume and Morph can't share the same pedal due to "logical conflicts".

The only thing is that you can't have a Wah and Wah Pedal Booster active at the same time or the volume goes up and down along with the way sweep. I just tried setting it on my Remote with the Wah and Wah Pedal Booster sharing one footswith. Pushing the button on the Remote toggles between Wah and Wah Pedal Booster so they can both be in the same righ if you want.