Using MIDI on the Kemper's Looper

• I've heard varying accounts of whether this can be done, but I thought I best ask directly. Can MIDI commands be used to control the looper on the Kemper? I have a live show wherein a guitar is looped automatically via MIDI messages sent from Ableton during playback of the backing track. I'd love to be able to do this with my own guitar part, as currently we only have it running for the other guitar.

• you can certainly record, loop and stop the looper via midi as I do just that with my FAMC MIDI foot controller. I can't recall the midi commands but they're easy to find with Google.

• Thanks chu! Can I ask what version of the firmware you're on? Some folks online were saying it didn't work past 5.0, and I can't see mention of any looper parameters in the MIDI guide beside volume and location, which makes me worried that it's been scrapped.

• I'm on the latest beta firmware, whatever that may be!

I don't think I got my midi controller until sometime after 4.something and my previous controller wasn't capable of more than one command so it wasn't possible.

I've not been able to get the advanced functions such as reverse and half speed to work but the standard record, play, stop and erase DEFINITELY work just fine for me.

Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Stop/Erase:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V89, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

• It looks like there's a tool I can use to send NPRN commands via Ableton, which would sort me out. I really appreciate the help, folks, as well as the knowledge that it can work on the latest version!

• I need to experiment on midi, and on loops, but for me the Kemper is only a device to get good sounds and play with a band, without gadgets. I let the keyboard player play the loops if needed but I am out of this thank God... I just play and change my sounds , my rigs and use an expression pedal . But its live no synchronisation from my part... I'm so fed up with that. I concentrate on playing well to make the band sounds very good

• It looks like there's a tool I can use to send NPRN commands via Ableton, which would sort me out. I really appreciate the help, folks, as well as the knowledge that it can work on the latest version!

Were you able to control the Kemper looper in Ableton? Is the Ableton tool you're using a Max for Live plugin called "NRPN Gen 2 1.0"?Really interested in this. Thank you!

• Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Stop/Erase:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V89, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

I own the Boss Ms3 so I could do this on that? I've been thinking about the remote lately but idk. If I can do the looping on that I would love to try!