Samples

• Do anyone know of a place I can download dry recordings for testing Kemper profiles.

It would be nice to have a plece to find dry signal and revamped with some free profiles to compare and troubleshoot our kemper with others. Often it can be dead strings, bad pickups or other problems with guitar or other gear.

So I thought it could be useful if Kemper team or somone skilled kemper users here could consider to upload samples if it's not allready done.

Regards Paul ?

• That's posible, but if the problem is in my Kemper, guitar or interface I would not know. So my idea was to be able to compare it to another kemper to se where in the chain the problem are.

Many member post topic about Kemper is to thin fizzy or muddy....

In many cases its the guitar or profile.

If you have a dry signal and run it trough Kemper with same profile you can at least know if the problem is your Kemper.

You can also easely find out if it's the guitar oraudio interface.

• Why do you believe there's something wrong with your kemper, guitar or soundcard? Some profiles that sounds killer for other users have sounded thin and fizzy for me. You just have to find the profiles that works for you. That's what all of us have to do.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

Edited once, last by GearJocke ().

• Many members here experience a big diiferene between samples in YouTube and how it sounds when they play.

It's many factors and it's absolutely not sure if the difference is in the Kemper.

My thoughts is if whe had this samples and the dry signal it's very easy to compare and check what couse the difference.

It can be the guitar.,pickups old strings or something in the Kemper...

• if you doubt of ur gear, need to control all, technic and sound.

and the appreciation of a sound tone and gear is very personal.

In fact, there're rigs that are supposedly superb and It's phoney. (all Mr Britt who are extra, no discussion).

Kemper will have to make his online shop of profiles.

personally, I use "AC clean - SM57" Rig from Kemper Inc. and Vibrolux to test the "neutral" sound and compare respond of instrument and speakers, but it's myself reference. after we used to listen your guitar with a rig or another...

• I agree. If a user has the feeling their Kemper doesn't sound the way it should, a shared test DI track is a good way to pinpoint the problem. Reamp the track, upload the result and compare to that of other users: if it sounds the same, that tells the user there's nothing wrong with their Kemper, so they should look at their guitar or their playing technique. And conversely, if the reamped track sounds significantly different, those personal factors are at least ruled out and the problem is narrowed down to the Kemper itself or the recording chain. Either way, you learn something and you're one step closer to a solution.

There are so many things to take into account when troubleshooting over a forum, some of which are subjective and hard to put into words, that it's always good to limit the variables.

• In my case I feel most profiles come alive at higher volume. I also invested in Yamaha dxr 12 and naturally it sounds much fuller than my 8inch monitors.

What I don't understand is how samples of profiles sound so much better at same volume and speakers than with my Kemper.

Of course it's not the same guitar or fingers, but still it should sound pretty close sins the profiles I bought or downloaded is tweaked by the author.

I think that having this saes to test is a good help for people who struggle to get good sound. At least that could easely confirm if it's the Kemper or something else that might be the problem.

In general I am very happy with the Kemper and there is lots of good profiles available.

• I agree. If a user has the feeling their Kemper doesn't sound the way it should, a shared test DI track is a good way to pinpoint the problem. Reamp the track, upload the result and compare to that of other users: if it sounds the same, that tells the user there's nothing wrong with their Kemper, so they should look at their guitar or their playing technique. And conversely, if the reamped track sounds significantly different, those personal factors are at least ruled out and the problem is narrowed down to the Kemper itself or the recording chain. Either way, you learn something and you're one step closer to a solution.

There are so many things to take into account when troubleshooting over a forum, some of which are subjective and hard to put into words, that it's always good to limit the variables.

Edited 2 times, last by Pau1968: Exactly what I meant. It could be a place in the forum so it's easy to find. I have been serching and there is op loaded a dry track but not revamped. My suggestion is some good samples from a few rigs. High gain, crunch and clean rigs for different taste and need. ().

• Back in 2015 I and others thought of this. Who knows, it was probably thought of prior to this too.

Here's what I said in 2016. Still feel the same way, so this saves some typing:

Well Skoczy, I think the real value of what Gianfranco has done is to provide a reference DI signal that we can use in troubleshooting.

If, say, somebody claims his / her unit "sounds funny" in some way or another, both he / she and we can pop this file through our Kempers to see if the issue manifests on both ends. If the Rig in question isn't on the exchange or a factory one (home-made, for example), it can be shared via attachment or placed in the exchange so we can all use the same signal as well as Rig. This ought to help very much in exposing (or otherwise) noise / glitch / hiss / scratchiness / volume / tone or response issues.

This was the general idea back when we discussed it last year, IIRC; I was keen for this to happen both for this reason as well as for general tweaking / auditioning without having to play.

Here's the thread:

A dry guitar track for our tests

The dropbox upload still works, so that's one DI track at least:

Dry Guitar.wav

I also forwarded the idea that we have a collection of test passages built into RM. This would make auditioning so much easier - just pick a style and tone that's similar to one's own sound and immediate need, and it loops automatically whilst one up-and-down arrows through Rigs.

• Thank Monkey_man?

I think it would be a great resource to have this in the forum or on Kemper web page so it's easy to find or direct people to the files.

A cool thing for demo and also troubleshooting.

• I agree. A sticky thread, or, better-still IMHO, the proposition that a small collection be built into RM.

The latter option would mean that everyone would already be equipped to "instantly" test Rigs that users claim don't sound right on their machines... and of course there's that "little" benefit of having a looping sound source to feed to our KPAs whilst we browse...