Any home users get there guitar gear insured separatly

• anyone get there guitars and amps / gear etc get it insured separately ?

(From home insurance)

I haven't got loads of gear but maybe around 10k 12k

Most of my guitars are in the 800 -1000 range but I feel 1k in the mid 90s got you a better guitar than now, obviously due to cost rises.

What's the best way to get them insured against burglary or fire, to get the gear replaced like for like quality wise.

• Check if your renter's or homeowner's policy can add it. Some companies do, but sometimes only for non-professional use. I play professionally, so I went with a separate policy from Clarion.

• I used MusicPro and they really came through like a champ a few years ago when my house was burglarized. Around here the homeowner's deductible is 1% of the home value putting mine at the time at $1800. My musicpro deductible was $100. I have a different policy now but I wouldn't hesitate to go through them again.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• thanks guys.

I should add I'm in the UK.

Can I ask how people value/ insure gear also as above. For example a 90s les Paul that was bought for say £1500 would probably cost double that to replace.

If stolen or whatever do they give you a new les Paul, or the money to by a used 90s model or whatever.

Sorry for sounding stupid, but touch wood, (No pun intended!) I've never claimed on anything.

I've got 9 guitars plus the kemper, an amp and various footpedals, monitors an interface and the desk top pc.

None of it is top end stuff, but with prices rising over the years, it would cost more to replace that what was originally paid, or you wouldn't get the same quality gear for your money.

Are insurance companies likely to want itemised photographs of each individual item ?

I've never really thought about it, until recently, that I wouldn't ever be able to afford to replace the gear now I'm a family man.

Any advice would be appreciated ?

• Replacement price is certainly what I’d go for. My insurance agent wanted a spreadsheet of my stuff including replacement price for items that no longer exist/are worth more than what they were bought for.