FW 5.7.0.14099 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• I found a small bug still in the REVERB module.

Once you long press the soft button to open the configuration of that module if you short press it again it does nothing. In the other modules you can still use the button to turn the slot on and off even if you are inside the configuration of the slot.

Of course you can use the ON/OFF button to get the same result.

Support ticket sent.

• Finally had some time to play and record some with the new verbs, obligatory whale sounds at the beginning of course :P

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As I said in your thread, great work, Per! You're drowning in honey, mate. 8o

Hi! I am unable to download the new beta for rig manager. I'm using a macintosh. I have selected both boxes for updates and allow beta in preferences. Then tried check for updates. I have restarted the computer. Quit the rm. Tried it with both the toaster on and off.... The program responds software is up to date...I'm using 2.1.61 What am I missing?

Thanks for the help! Dan

I uninstalled (put the app in the trash) and downloaded/installed 2.1.61 from kemper downloads,,,still not allowing me to update...still says i have the current or most up to date software...hmmmm

You could try resetting your PRAM, Dan:

Restart holding down OPTION-COMMAND-P-R. Continue to hold the keys down through 3 chimes (3 attempted restarts, then let go and let it start up normally.

The idea is to clear out the 'puter's memory of things that have stuck around when they're no-longer-needed. In this case, I'm suggesting it 'cause RM thinks you're up-to-date; this will hopefully wipe that delusion away. A PRAM reset is always my next port-of-call if a reboot fails to clear something out. No guarantees, but it's all I've got for you right now, mate...

• Yeah - it says it's busy doing something when I try to shut it down, but otherwise no way to know what it's doing. As an IT person I really dislike it when software doesn't give any visual clue as to what it's doing.

Keep an eye on the number of rigs on the exchange. It's small but a visual clue as to what RM is up to

• i gernerlly usethe button assignment under Systempage 12 and replaced the looperbutton to control Reverb on/of and the tunerbutton replaced to control on/off Delay.

with the new update delay works and reverb on/off not

this is a bug, please correct them

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• i gernerlly usethe button assignment under Systempage 12 and replaced the looperbutton to control Reverb on/of and the tunerbutton replaced to control on/off Delay.

with the new update delay works and reverb on/off not

this is a bug, please correct them

Please report to support.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• After updating to the latest FW I have problems in performance mode:

I can´t save stomp and FX settings per slot any more. Whenever I turn on/off an effect or stomp in a slot it will remain in that status when I change the slot no matter which status had been saved before in that slot.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• After updating to the latest FW I have problems in performance mode:

I can´t save stomp and FX settings per slot any more. Whenever I turn on/off an effect or stomp in a slot it will remain in that status when I change the slot no matter which status had been saved before in that slot.

I've tried it and it seems to be working ok in my Kemper using the remote.

Example: I have a Chorus in MOD and it's saved as ON in slot 4. I then turn it off, and change to slot 3. If I now go to slot 4 again the Chorus is ON (as saved).

I have made and saved it now before trying.

• I've got a problem with the spring-reverb-module when used with a pure-boost as a "solo boost" in slot X. In this situation the boost only affect the level of the reverb-part of the signal, not the sound that should be going into X. I've gone through all the reverb-modules and it is clear that the anomaly only affect the spring-reverb. Also, with spring-reverb loaded in the reverb-slot, but turned off, the boost in X has no effect at all.

To re-produce:

1. Start with an empty performance.
    2. Use the default crunch profile in the first slot
    3. Add pure-boost in X, set it to max volume (+5dB) to maximise the effect
    4. Put a spring-reverb in the reverb-slot.
    5. Play with boost off (X) and reverb on, then add boost (X) and note that only the reverb-part of the signal gets boosted.
    6. Play with both reverb and boost off, then add boost and note that it has no effect at all.

The signal-path within the effects-section seem to be messed up when the spring-reverb is loaded in the reverb-slot. I have not yet tested if there are similar symptoms with spring-reverb loaded in other FX-slots.

... and the "slot-button" for the reverb-effect can still (5.7.0.14099B )not be used to toggle the slot on/off while editing reverb settings, but I think this has already been reported.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• I suggest you let the people at Kemper know by posting a Support Ticket at https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

(Link fixed)

• The news-flash on the website proclaims: "CabDriver Stereo, Celestion® cabinets, UI2MIDI, seamless Momentary/Latch with the PROFILER Remote, and a Spring Reverb goody in the current public beta".

I see no sign of any improvement to the time it takes to establish a connection between the profiler and the remote. Whether at boot or if the remote is connected later it sits for quite a few seconds "waiting for connection" before coming to life after having completed its power-up-sequence.

Are all the announced features supposed to be included in the latest beta?

• I have tested this and there is a bug with any effect that has a Volume parameter when there is a Spring Reverb later in the chain.

This affects both the Stomps section and the Effects section, but it does not jump from one to another (Spring Reverb in X MOD DLY REV doesn't affect Stomps A B C D ).

Whenever present, a module with a Spring Reverb turns the volume of the dry signal coming from all the previous effects down to 0. And only the wet part of the Spring Reverb gets the volume boost.

For this to happen the closest effect before the Spring Reverb has to be ON. And it seems that changing the Mix in the Spring Reverb config also is needed for the bug to appear.

Once the bug is present, if the Spring Reverb is ON you get te volume boost in the wet signal. And if its OFF you don't get any volume boost at all.