FW 5.7.0.14099 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• After updating fw , my reverb presets have been deleted!

Anyway to get legacy reverb presets back ?

it seems to have deleted only the custom reverb presets i had created , all the delay and gain ones are still there

I loaded in a backup but it still didnt work

with the new firmware are the old reverb presets no longer useable?

• I think that might be a byproduct of the old reverb module being replaced with the Legacy Reverb. I seem to remember people having similar problems when the delays were updated, though I’m not 100% sure. If you have any Rigs saved that use the presets, you can resave them, though I know that is probably a massive ball ache.

• Some of the issues with the reverb module has been fixed in this lates update, but not all: it's now possible to switch the module on/off with a short press (which was a bug before that you couldn't) - just not when you have that module selected (after a long press)! All other slots/modules you can be switched on/off no matter if they're selected or not.

• Interesting.

My delay presets were saved when I upgraded to the new delays way back when .But the reverbs simply vanish from the preset list ,

I downgraded to the previous fw , and wham there they were again like magic. I upgraded and again , and poof gone....

Something we have to live with ?

One of the recurring themes of the kemper team was that old saved sounds and presets would never change with fw updates , unlike the axe fx . Its great to have new reverbs And Im thankful for it , but why do we have lose work and effort put into saving custom presets for the old reverbs ?

Now I may have to start over and try to recreate something similar with new reverbs.

• The final release will import the old reverb presets to full effect presets with the legacy reverb.

• When I use the legacy reverb, the Room Size parameter has two "Matchbox" settings instead of one. Is anyone else seeing this? If so ill open a ticket. Using 5.7.0.14099B

• Couple things I noticed after installing 5.7.0.14099B:

Any morphed reverb parameters I had on Performance have disappeared. Bummer as I use this a lot, but I wanted to try out the new verbs anyway, so I made new presets and morphed those.

SPDIF Input Reamp is not working at all. I recorded some stuff yesterday, and I was able to go from KPA -> interface via SPDIF no problem. But trying to reamp by going interface -> KPA gave me nothing - no input light, no sound. I used an analog output from the interface as a workaround, but this is a big part of my recording workflow, so I hope it gets straightened out. Will send support ticket. I tried swapping cables, since I knew my output cable was working fine....no change.

• I'm a new Kemper rack user and may be missing something very obvious, but cannot seem to install the 5.7.0.14099beta update.

I have ver 5.7.0.14092 installed and had no luck finding the new reverbs after installing the update per the USB stick instructions. (PC Win 10)

Now, when i insert the USB stick with kaos.bin (unzipped) in the "OSUpdate" folder, into my Kemper slot, nothing happens, except that I have the option to follow the "external storage" menus, but that does not give any option for updating the OS. I got the impression from the readme instructions, that inserting the stick will cause a set of prompts to appear on the screen. I have also installed kaos.bin into the root location of the stick but with same result.

Thanks for your help

Edited once, last by mikeSFO: problem solved. I needed to power off the unit and re-boot (with the USB stick in the slot) and the new version and missing reverbs all showed up. Wow, the level of community support here is uncanny, ha! thanks. I'm sure i'll have more questions as i learn how to use my Kemper. ().

• If the new OS is already on your KPA, then nothing will happen. It's only when the OS on the stick differs from that on the KPA that you get the prompt for update.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I posted in another thread about how the kemper doesn't sound the same as before this latest update. here's a little update

the mix and decay time taper seems like it has changed, I used to set the mix around 50 to 60% and the old time parameter around 5.0, I used some old stuff I recorded to compare and had to reduce to 40 to 50% mic and decay between 1.5 to 1.8 s, these settings gave me the same reverb "amount" I was looking for on legacy and natural reverb.

For the boominess I tried every possible combination possible with low, high decay and high cut, it kept sounding as if the low end was boosted, I somehow got the sound back to normal by putting low shift to +0.1 on a cab preset I'm having locked all the time, I never touched these parameters before.

The dly +rev routing moved to rig can't be locked. I like to have stomps and effects locked while browsing through profiles, this setting keeps moving from a profile to another which is so far extremely annoying.

So yeah it's getting better, I hope they get a fix for this latest point, all will be good again

• Hi-cut won’t help you, it removes the treble leaving the bass behind, it’s the opposite of hi-pass. Best I can suggest is you need to push the lo-decay to reduce the bass, or add a hi-pass after the verb if you don’t mind losing the bass on the dry signal too.

• So, I have one question, I downloaded the updates and got four reverb’s… Easy reverb, Echo reverb, natural reverb, and Cirus reverb ...

Where is the aftermath reverb?

Is it coming at a later date perhaps?

• So, I have one question, I downloaded the updates and got four reverb’s… Easy reverb, Echo reverb, natural reverb, and Cirus reverb ...

Where is the aftermath reverb?

Is it coming at a later date perhaps?

For all the effects in the Kemper there are Types. And within those types you can make and save presets. There are some Factory Presets for each type and Aftermath is a preset made with the Natural Reverb.

If you want to be able to see the factory presets of the new reverbs you should go to System and press Factory Presets. That will load them into your Browse list.

• For all the effects in the Kemper there are Types. And within those types you can make and save presets. There are some Factory Presets for each type and Aftermath is a preset made with the Natural Reverb.

If you want to be able to see the factory presets of the new reverbs you should go to System and press Factory Presets. That will load them into your Browse list.

Although in another video from NAMM, Burkhard specifically says there are two more reverb types that are going to be available in the full release : Ionosphere and Formant reverb. He also lets slip that there’ll be a new autoswell and acoustic simulator!

• 2 errors here:

1. When using the looper, if I change to a new reverb type while the looper is running, I get a constant buzz and the Kemper hangs and crashes

EDIT - Seems to happen regardless of selecting a reverb; even if the looper is running and I change patch, it will often crash.

2. If selecting a new performance in RM, the dials change on the Kemper, but the name of the performance and patch doesn't

• Please email to support with a backup.

• Would do..... but the latest Beta seems to not allow formatting of USB drives. I select 'Yes' to format, and it's hanging on the 'Are you sure?' screen. Remote shuts down, but nothing happens.

Oh joy.

You don't have an existing formatted stick for the Kemper?