Possible to flip the up and down arrows on Remote?

• Not sure if anyone else has asked this, couldn't find anything in search. Looking to flip the up and down arrows so that instead of up being up (or higher) in the numbering scheme, up goes to lower numbers and down to higher. Can't tell you how many times I went the opposite way in a live show!! 8|

Thanks, Mark

• Just setup your presets in the opposite order and start at the high end then pressing down will be like what up should be :D

And yeah I hate how left is up and right is down too!! So counter-intuitive to everything else in our world.

• the reason why the left switch navigates upwards is because most people will start their gigs with Performance 1 and then move upwards through the Performances during the gig. On stage the left switch is easier to access than the right one.

• I can understand both sides. I followed the device's logic, and it is "safer" "easier" if your brain can solve the change. But if not, and for general purpose i stand for a deeper interface editing of the settings and buttons. For example i would like an option for disabling global pedal behaviour so you can save per rig pedal settings, one rig pre volume pedal, one post volume, another rig, morphing and or something more.

• I admire the thought Kemper put into this.

Remember what Hans said:

... most people will start their gigs with Performance 1 and then move upwards through the Performances during the gig. On stage the left switch is easier to access than the right one.

The last thing you want to do is accidentally call up the wrong song's Performance, yeah?

That said, for some it may prove too-unintuitive / counter to their muscle memories, so if it's at all possible, I reckon a preference setting that allows you to toggle (reverse) the behaviour would cater for everyone. I therefore support Mark's (the OP) feature request.

• I can understand both sides. I followed the device's logic, and it is "safer" "easier" if your brain can solve the change. But if not, and for general purpose i stand for a deeper interface editing of the settings and buttons. For example i would like an option for disabling global pedal behaviour so you can save per rig pedal settings, one rig pre volume pedal, one post volume, another rig, morphing and or something more.

you can already do this. The location of the volume pedal is per rig and if you use the pedal links you can determine the behaviour for each rig independently.

• I was just pointing out that comparing it to a computer is totally pointless.

Why you dont choose technical arguments.

I was besides other jobs also engineer for HMI that means Human/Machine Interfaces which is not only limited to screen operating.

There is also a lot to do with ergonomics and how we perceive our environment.

Our most important sense is the sense of sight. (Blind people may forgive me for not being able to respond to this)

However, fast reactions are usually not achieved by analyzing what we see but by analyzing trained reflexes. Ergonomics and sensory perception are important points to consider.

You write and read from right to left and up to down. (exept the arabic/hebräic and asiens).

If you make gestures while speaking (as everybody do ) and you are talking about a series you will make a movement with your right hand sideworth from body away to display an ascending order (if you are right handed as the majority is )

It's like a genetic and also epigenetic code that makes us do it. (special in our culture enviroment)

There would be a lot of other Arguments in this respect.

But I do not want a scientific debate here but just simply the acceptance of an opinion and a wish.

Whether you fulfill this is up to you but manslaughter arguments like "totally pointless" are probably not appropriate!

• you can already do this. The location of the volume pedal is per rig and if you use the pedal links you can determine the behaviour for each rig independently.

I think the Global idea goes much further than just volume pedal position though. For my purposes I would like to be able to assign Looper Mode to a different function in some rigs. So for example, if a rig has a Rotary Loaded then configuring the Looper Mode FS as Rotary Speed would be great rather than adding an external switch. In another rig it might be used to toggle delay tails on/off i.e. have the volume pedal pre Delay/Rev but have an FS to kill the tails just at a certain point in the song.

The ability to reassign buttons would be helpful in some cases and seems a logical extension of the flip Up/Down request.