Possible to flip the up and down arrows on Remote?

• So you consider the juxtaposition of technically well-founded arguments with meaningless phrases as drama.

Should I now take this seriously or do you just want to defuse a in your opinion tense situation with a harmless joke.

I actually feel quite relaxed but also a bit surprised that you only use a personal assessment to oppose the arguments.

I am really disappointed now ;)

• What I sometimes have in mind (talking aboutr customisation of shortcuts within software or something similar) is the following:

Do I prefer the customisation or do I prefer to stick with ste standard. And as a result of that can use the software/the hardware like it was "prethought" of the manufacturer.

But as well I can perfectly understand the wish that "everything" should be customizeable. So I understand both sides of the story.

Having some experience with software and "needes special features" I feel sometimes that less can be way more. But that is my opinion...

• the reason why the left switch navigates upwards is because most people will start their gigs with Performance 1 and then move upwards through the Performances during the gig. On stage the left switch is easier to access than the right one.

In my head this don not make sense....

if the left button is up and more easy to access, then buttons 1-5 also should be turned aroud so buttom 5 is on the left side, because 5 is higher than 1...

Bank up/higher left button, preset up/ higher Right preset buttons(1-5) . Where is the logic???:/

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• In my head this don not make sense....

if the left button is up and more easy to access, then buttons 1-5 also should be turned aroud so buttom 5 is on the left side, because 5 is higher than 1...

Bank up/higher left button, preset up/ higher Right preset buttons(1-5) . Where is the logic???:/

we assume that most customers will start with performance 1/slot 1. Maybe I did not explain it well enough-the left button sits on the left edge of the surface and is easier to access on a dark stage than the buttons to the right of it.

• Its all well and good to anticipate user needs and to design according to those assumptions, but when presented with user needs that are outside of, or counter to, the assumptions you have made, its a pretty good indicator that your assumptions were not entirely accurate. Attacking your users who care enough to vocalize their concerns/critiques (accusing them of 'drama') for their attempts to help you understand their needs isn't really considered good business practice, is it?

• the less drama-request was in reply to the manslaughter comment and not meant as an attack.

Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but english is not my native language-I am sure Sharry knows the problem. :) My intention was to help you understand that we did not simply roll the dice to determine the placement of the switches but we did indeed discuss these things in great detail and even made a thread about it in this forum where we asked our customers what they would prefer. If you want to promote the idea of making the buttons user assignable please post this in the Feature request section.

• If you want to promote the idea of making the buttons user assignable please post this in the Feature request section.

It has been done several time.

Even serious discussion could lead to a wrong solution.

There is no reason to understand , why at the KPA the rig button leads to higher rig if you press the right one and on remote the lower performance if you press the left button. I feel no shame to call it inconsequence and wrong from

I did not feel attacked but not really understood when I placed an approximate analogy and got a probably not serious answer.

quote> are you controlling your computer on stage with your feet? <unquote

I think we are quit;) "Totschlagargument" was translated with manslaughterargument my the translater;)-

PS:

An argumentum "ad hominem" (Latin for "evidence speech to man") is a sham argument in which the position or thesis of an adversary is challenged by attacking his personal circumstances or characteristics. (text from Wikipedia)

I think Nicky understand my english better then I ;)

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Dear all,

Not sure if anyone else has asked this, couldn't find anything in search.

This topic has been brought up several times in the past, but mostly as a "Feature Request". The last discussion I can remember was thread reverse-scroll-button-direction-on-remote from more than two years ago.

Great that this time Kemper/Hans shows some reaction; let's hope that it passes consideration and gets implemented.

(Although I have to admit that Hans's argument about the button reachability is convincing...).

Best regards

DrTT

• I understand Hans logic and it certainly makes a lot of sense. I don’t have any problem with the way the remote currently works. However, I also understand that lots of people have a problem with it. I think the solution is greater button assignment options.

If you follow Kemper Support #1 logic then moving the UP/DOWN switches to the oposite side would solve the problem. Swaping the bank switches with Tuner and Loope mode would put them out of the way and allow the outside button to be Up. Or placing the Up where the Tuner is and Down where the Tap is would make perfect sense. There are some issues with these ideas though including the loss of LED status and the fact that Tap might end up in an awkward position to reach. However, these are all thongs that are personal to each individual player so giving players the ability to configure the remote switches however they want would be the ultimate solution.

• Just to add some fuel to the fire....arguing about logic and such. My question is in a similar vein, on the front of the Kemper the "Down" rig and "Up" rig buttons seem reversed to me as well when in Performance mode.

Pressing "Down" moves the performance slot up numerically.... To my albeit Canadian way of thinking, if I'm already in Performance Slot #1 (at the top of the list) I should have to choose the "Down" button to access rigs below the top one. But not so on a Kemper (sadly).

My best real world example, regardless of country of origin is an elevator or a lift. If I desire to go "Up" in the building (to the top floor) I push the "UP" button.

Maybe a soft button option could manage both of these (perceived) quirks. I like the idea of the banks being assigned to the Looper and Tuner buttons, and being able to reassign the Bank buttons to other uses.

Ken

• The only thing the actually irritates me about the Up/Down buttons isn’t actually their position or orientation (although I can see both sodes of the argument). The main thing for me is that when I reach the Highest or Lowest value I can’ just loop round to the beginning again. Instead I need to scroll all the way back down. It would be really helpful if the team could add a continuous scrolling option.

Kemper Support #1 before you start using logic on me ;) I better mention that I know this could be a problem in Performance mode if you only use say the first 10 pefomances and the reast are empty. We would obviously require the system to be smart enough to ignore empty slots when scrolling this way. However, that should be simple enough as the KPA is already smart enough to ignore empty slots in a performance so it's just a matter of determining the the conditions that require a performance to be ignored.