Rig Manager blurry and not sharp on a brand new computer? SOLVED

• Sorry Kemper dudes (and dudettes), I know we all have better things to do so I'll make it short and sweet. Got a brand new Dell computer which is newer and more powerful than my 5 year old HP but when I loaded RM on it it's blurry and not sharp at all. Everything else is fine on it so not sure why RM is not. Anyone else encounter this?

• Ow man, thats blurry especially at the top left, dam i was gonna say re install , check the graphics driver blah..but this has really got me F'd. You downloaded the latest version right? Did you try to re install?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yes brother Ash, I uninstalled and then loaded back up for the same result.

D Man, I have it on the highest resolution which is 1920X1080, my old computer was 1360x768. As I said everything else is fine. I also got a message saying to click on a setting which helps "some" aps look clearer but doesn't work on all. Guess which one it doesn't work on?!X(:cursing: Trust me it's blurry, on my ole computer its sharp as this forum!

• I already want to shoot myself, sorry to hear that brother, only thing i can think of is we have to bite the bullet and see an IT guy?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• If you look top-left of the pic you can see that the descriptive text is sharp / clear.

The difference between the two looks to me like font-smoothing is switched-on for RM and not for said text.

On the Mac it's under Sys Prefs / General, so I'm guessing it might be somewhere similar on your PC.

• Sorry Monkey Man was practicing with LRS' new Sir PT lol, got stuck in 1987 and didn't want to come back. Good observation I'm not sure where you mean on PC or RM? I can't find that in any field of RM :/. It wouldn't be because I loaded the 64 bit one would it? I'm a dunce on computers so excuse anything I say that may be stupid

• It can't be the monitor cable 'cause the text top-left-of-pic is crystal-clear. Good thought 'though; I've been using an analogue connection to my Dell monitor for 12 years or so, and everything's slightly-blurry. I can live with it 'though.

Besides this, the pic, I assume, was a screenshot, which is taken "internally" and therefore has no way of "knowing" what things are going to look like on a monitor.

Sorry Monkey Man was practicing with LRS' new Sir PT lol, got stuck in 1987 and didn't want to come back. Good observation I'm not sure where you mean on PC or RM? I can't find that in any field of RM :/ . It wouldn't be because I loaded the 64 bit one would it? I'm a dunce on computers so excuse anything I say that may be stupid

As I said, it's in System Preferences on a Mac, so I assume it's in your OS preference settings somewhere. If it's possible to set it on a per-app basis, that would explain it; in this case, disable it for RM. It's not done from within the app 'though.

On the Mac it's under Sys Prefs / General, so I'm guessing it might be somewhere similar on your PC.

• Yes brother Ash, I uninstalled and then loaded back up for the same result.

D Man, I have it on the highest resolution which is 1920X1080, my old computer was 1360x768. As I said everything else is fine. I also got a message saying to click on a setting which helps "some" aps look clearer but doesn't work on all. Guess which one it doesn't work on?!X(:cursing: Trust me it's blurry, on my ole computer its sharp as this forum!

What happens if you change your resolution to 1360x768? Just for giggles?

• Not the dreaded windows 10 blur.

Try doing 'properties' on the .exe (or on the shortcut) then choose 'compatibility' tab then click 'change high DPI settings' then put a check in 'override high DPI scaling behavior'.

I had to do this on a few things.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Rod you da man. Fixed.

Thank you to all of you who jumped in to help. This place never lets you down

Monkey Man as always was on the right train of thought.

D Man just to let you know the resolution changes didn't make a difference only made the font larger.

Luntho its a laptop btw but thank you for jumping in. So cool

Cheers all.