5.7.0.14099 Public Beta

• the MIDI program change info is only displayed when no Remote is connected. This has been the case since we introduced the Remote.

Thanks Kemper Support #1 . I just recently acquired the remote so that's why I hadn't noticed. And also because maybe it was something intended that was not a bug I opted to ask here before sending a support ticket.

Nothing you can tell about the SE sign? Guess we will have to wait...

• Here is our Sunday beta with a couple of fixes:

User Interface

fixed: instant access knobs for Reverb Time and Reverb Mix dysfunctional
    fixed: REV module button dysfunctional
    changed: Scaling of the Mix control in Spring Reverb has changed compared to 5.6.2. If you had created Rigs or presets including Spring Reverb under 5.6.2, please readjust Mix.

Hey Burkhard,

Thank you for all the hard. work. Got really excited about the announcements at NAMM 2019 regarding KPA Editor! Any idea when we can get our hands on it? Will it require a USB to midi interface or use the existing USB setup? Again thank you.

Peace out,

JP (Pierre) Moatti

• Hey Burkhard,

Thank you for all the hard. work. Got really excited about the announcements at NAMM 2019 regarding KPA Editor! Any idea when we can get our hands on it? Will it require a USB to midi interface or use the existing USB setup? Again thank you.

Looks to me like a regular/existing USB interface. The adapter shown was required for a MAC with only USB type C ports. I think we're all good to go with what we have now.

• Ok, I have run into a problem with the latest Beta.

I updated my KPA this Tuesday, tried the Reverbs and every thing were fine.

Shutdown the KPA as usual, but the next time I booted, it had no input what so ever.

The input button didn't flash when strumming the guitar, the tuner were 100% still.

I run my guitar via a Line6 G10 wireless though the alternative input, so I checked the input settings but everything looked fine.

Tried with a cable, nothing worked.

I could not think of anything more to try, so I reinstalled the official release of OS 5.5.xxx and everything were back to normal.

Yesterday I thought this were probably a one-off coincident, so I installed the latest beta again.

Everything went smooth and even my reverb preset that I had created the last time were still there.

Played awhile and shut it down for the evening.

... and now today when I boot the KPA the input signal is gone again... :(

I haven't seen any reports like this, so I guess it's only me...

Any ideas what to look for, any setting that might be corrupt?

I don't want to go back to 5.5 again unless absolutely necessary.

• The Legacy’s decay knob seems to have been rescaled. Which is fine, but it seems like the percentage of how high the knob is carried over rather than the actual value. For instance, if I had a Rig where the Hall reverb decay was 8.0s, the LED collar was about 80% lit up (estimated). Now, it’s still lit up the same but the value is only 3.5s, if you get my meaning.

So I’ve been adjusting them. Not sure if it’s intentional or a bug.

• I suggest that you make a backup and send it to support with any pertinent info.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Running Beta 5.7.0.14099B

The ability to assign stomps and FX to the remote and lock these doesn't work when assigning 2 or more effects to a single footswitch. It seems to work fine when only one stomp/FX is assigned to a switch. Am I mistaken in thinking it used to work for 2 assignments or am I mistaken?

I noticed this when someone else raised the query in the Remote questions sub forum.

• Running Beta 5.7.0.14099B

The ability to assign stomps and FX to the remote and lock these doesn't work when assigning 2 or more effects to a single footswitch. It seems to work fine when only one stomp/FX is assigned to a switch. Am I mistaken in thinking it used to work for 2 assignments or am I mistaken?

I noticed this when someone else raised the query in the Remote questions sub forum.

It works also with two assigned fx to one stomp Alan.

I just checked it.

F.e. I setted a wah in slot B and a Flanger in slot mod.

Both are assigned to one switch of the remote. When both are on, I highlighted the flanger and locked it, than I go to the wah and locked, highlight it and locked it too.

So both have the locking sign and I switch them on and off with one switch.

Cheers

Frank

• In my case the 2 stomps are assigned to 1 footswitch and locked. They work fine until I change performance. When I change there are no effcts assined to any FS. If nothing is locked it all seems to work as normal.

Ok , I ched it in browse mode for one rig. Will check in a performance right now.

• In my case the 2 stomps are assigned to 1 footswitch and locked. They work fine until I change performance. When I change there are no effcts assined to any FS. If nothing is locked it all seems to work as normal.

Jepp, you are right. I think it's a bug. I setted one sound in slot one of the performance. Two fx assigned to one switch and both locked. Next slot I placed a "normal" rig with no lock. When I change from sound in slot one to the sound in slot two the assigment of my two fx in slot one is gone. I will report to mothership.

• What is the preferred way to report bugs? I did a quick search on the forum but did not find any articles.

I'm running Beta 5.7.0.14099B

Tried to use looper in performance mode and the amp crashed. Ui still worked with a massive delay, but there was no sound. After Off-On cycle from the chicken knob the KPA and looper worked again. After the power on, there were still issues with the performance, the reverb and delay was reset to a previous state, but they were more correctly reloaded after I briefly switched to a different performance. In addition to that, there was some repeated hissing noise, which disappeared after changing rig again.

• What is the preferred way to report bugs? I did a quick search on the forum but did not find any articles.

I'm running Beta 5.7.0.14099B

Tried to use looper in performance mode and the amp crashed. Ui still worked with a massive delay, but there was no sound. After Off-On cycle from the chicken knob the KPA and looper worked again. After the power on, there were still issues with the performance, the reverb and delay was reset to a previous state, but they were more correctly reloaded after I briefly switched to a different performance. In addition to that, there was some repeated hissing noise, which disappeared after changing rig again.

send a support ticket just in case they miss the forum post.

• I've encountered 2 bugs with the release, when editing the reverb parameter ,, it will just crash and send a sine wave

and the 2nd one is a tick or pop sound that keeps goin about every 2 seconds , i can most of the get rid of it by changing profile , but somrtimes it does come back