Tips about using external cabs - and which speaker to choose to pimp external cab ?

• hey everyone, new to the forum and still in total love with my Kemper which i got about a month ago.

Although the KPA sounds glorious over my nearfields and headphones i have a small cheap (but really nice) combo sitting around so this weekend i drilled a hole in the back and soldered a speaker-in switching jack socket into it, so now without a jack pluged into it the amp still is connected to the speaker and working as before and when i plug in a jack to the Kempers speaker out the Vox amp is separated from the speaker and the Kemper is going directly to the speaker. The amp is a VOX AV30

I still haven't had time to really dig into the KPAs settings to dial it in for this speaker though and maybe i'm missing sth. When i switch the monitor cab off the sound is a bit harsh and with the cab simulation on it sounds a bit better but quite muffled. Of course i have to dial the master out waaaay back so i don't blow the speaker. I'm still not sure how exactly i have to set up the powered Kemper with a guitar cab, i asked the guy in the shop if i need to switch of the cab simulation when trying out the KPA with a Bass cab and he said i don't have to do anything that it's automatic when you use the speaker out jack.

What are the correct setting for running the KPA through a cab ?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

Edited 9 times, last by stickman ().